No one on the 25 to Life beta test?

Just started checking this out, and I was remembering our old SOCOM and
SOCOM II days with members of a.g.v.s-ps2. Didn't see any familiar
names on there, though. Anyone here in the beta test? Skye? Massive
Grooves? Brenden? RickB? Heck, I'd settle for seeing the
anti-American Adil on there...

"Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
> Just started checking this out, and I was remembering our old SOCOM and
> SOCOM II days with members of a.g.v.s-ps2. Didn't see any familiar
> names on there, though. Anyone here in the beta test? Skye? Massive
> Grooves? Brenden? RickB? Heck, I'd settle for seeing the
> anti-American Adil on there...

Nope didn't get into that one. Last one I did was the PS2 version of
Battlefield Modern Combat, which was VERY good!!

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

> "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
>> Just started checking this out, and I was remembering our old SOCOM and
>> SOCOM II days with members of a.g.v.s-ps2. Didn't see any familiar
>> names on there, though. Anyone here in the beta test? Skye? Massive
>> Grooves? Brenden? RickB? Heck, I'd settle for seeing the
>> anti-American Adil on there...
>
> Nope didn't get into that one. Last one I did was the PS2 version of
> Battlefield Modern Combat, which was VERY good!!

I was reading in one of the recent gaming rags about Battlefield Modern
Combat and was wondering just how good it would be. I have bf2 for the pc
which totally rocks. I know the graphics wont look as good on ps2 , but
hopefully its just as fun. I really like the battlefield series so i hope it
turns out just as good on the ps2.

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
>>> Just started checking this out, and I was remembering our old SOCOM and
>>> SOCOM II days with members of a.g.v.s-ps2. Didn't see any familiar
>>> names on there, though. Anyone here in the beta test? Skye? Massive
>>> Grooves? Brenden? RickB? Heck, I'd settle for seeing the
>>> anti-American Adil on there...
>>
>> Nope didn't get into that one. Last one I did was the PS2 version of
>> Battlefield Modern Combat, which was VERY good!!
>>

> I was reading in one of the recent gaming rags about Battlefield Modern
> Combat and was wondering just how good it would be. I have bf2 for the pc
> which totally rocks. I know the graphics wont look as good on ps2 , but
> hopefully its just as fun. I really like the battlefield series so i hope
> it turns out just as good on the ps2.

What we were testing was not actually even beta version, but rather alpha
version. I was VERY impressed with it. The maps were huge generally, as big
as alot of what you see in the PC Battlefield games. All the tanks, copters,
etc.. I believe we were running 24 people in a game in the test. Which for a
console (and the PS2 at that) it did amazingly well. I had little to no
problems with it and experienced very little lag with it. If it turns out as
good as I think it will then it likely will take over or replace SOCOM as my
choice for online gaming of that sort (shooter/war game.) Still have to see
SOCOM3 first, but judging by that beta test and how much fun that was...I
might be done with SOCOM.

> "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Nope didn't get into that one. Last one I did was the PS2 version of
>>> Battlefield Modern Combat, which was VERY good!!
>>>

>> I was reading in one of the recent gaming rags about Battlefield Modern
>> Combat and was wondering just how good it would be. I have bf2 for the pc
>> which totally rocks. I know the graphics wont look as good on ps2 , but
>> hopefully its just as fun. I really like the battlefield series so i hope
>> it turns out just as good on the ps2.
>
> What we were testing was not actually even beta version, but rather alpha
> version. I was VERY impressed with it. The maps were huge generally, as
> big as alot of what you see in the PC Battlefield games. All the tanks,
> copters, etc.. I believe we were running 24 people in a game in the test.
> Which for a console (and the PS2 at that) it did amazingly well. I had
> little to no problems with it and experienced very little lag with it. If
> it turns out as good as I think it will then it likely will take over or
> replace SOCOM as my choice for online gaming of that sort (shooter/war
> game.) Still have to see SOCOM3 first, but judging by that beta test and
> how much fun that was...I might be done with SOCOM.

That is, if they are allowed to release the game.

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

>>> I was reading in one of the recent gaming rags about Battlefield Modern
>>> Combat and was wondering just how good it would be. I have bf2 for the
>>> pc which totally rocks. I know the graphics wont look as good on ps2 ,
>>> but hopefully its just as fun. I really like the battlefield series so i
>>> hope it turns out just as good on the ps2.
>>
>> What we were testing was not actually even beta version, but rather alpha
>> version. I was VERY impressed with it. The maps were huge generally, as
>> big as alot of what you see in the PC Battlefield games. All the tanks,
>> copters, etc.. I believe we were running 24 people in a game in the test.
>> Which for a console (and the PS2 at that) it did amazingly well. I had
>> little to no problems with it and experienced very little lag with it. If
>> it turns out as good as I think it will then it likely will take over or
>> replace SOCOM as my choice for online gaming of that sort (shooter/war
>> game.) Still have to see SOCOM3 first, but judging by that beta test and
>> how much fun that was...I might be done with SOCOM.
>>

> That is, if they are allowed to release the game.

What are you talking about?!? BF:Modern Combat or SOCOM (I guess you mean
BF:MC)? And what is the reason...I have not stayed THAT up to date on gaming
related things lately. What's the deal? BF:MC is one of the few games I am
actually looking forward to...

> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

>>> What we were testing was not actually even beta version, but rather
>>> alpha version. I was VERY impressed with it. The maps were huge
>>> generally, as big as alot of what you see in the PC Battlefield games.
>>> All the tanks, copters, etc.. I believe we were running 24 people in a
>>> game in the test. Which for a console (and the PS2 at that) it did
>>> amazingly well. I had little to no problems with it and experienced very
>>> little lag with it. If it turns out as good as I think it will then it
>>> likely will take over or replace SOCOM as my choice for online gaming of
>>> that sort (shooter/war game.) Still have to see SOCOM3 first, but
>>> judging by that beta test and how much fun that was...I might be done
>>> with SOCOM.
>>>

>> That is, if they are allowed to release the game.
>
> What are you talking about?!? BF:Modern Combat or SOCOM (I guess you mean
> BF:MC)? And what is the reason...I have not stayed THAT up to date on
> gaming related things lately. What's the deal? BF:MC is one of the few
> games I am actually looking forward to...

Oh no, I was talking about the 25 to life controversy with the police and
the senator. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, BF:MC was fun, but I do wish they'd let you choose 3rd person instead
of forcing a 1st person perspective on you. FPS games like that have a
tendency to get me somewhat queasy.

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

>>> That is, if they are allowed to release the game.
>>
>> What are you talking about?!? BF:Modern Combat or SOCOM (I guess you mean
>> BF:MC)? And what is the reason...I have not stayed THAT up to date on
>> gaming related things lately. What's the deal? BF:MC is one of the few
>> games I am actually looking forward to...
>>

> Oh no, I was talking about the 25 to life controversy with the police and
> the senator. Sorry for the confusion.

Roger, roger...That one I can DEFINITELY understand, LOL...

I guess for folks like you that would be a good thing, something like how
SOCOM is. Though then the game would have to be pretty much designed as a
3rd person game and then give it the 1st person option. I would guess it
would be harder and require much more work going the other way (opposite of
SOCOM.)

>I guess for folks like you that would be a good thing, something like how
>SOCOM is. Though then the game would have to be pretty much designed as a
>3rd person game and then give it the 1st person option. I would guess it
>would be harder and require much more work going the other way (opposite of
>SOCOM.)
>

> "T. Turner" <ty@edswax.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, BF:MC was fun, but I do wish they'd let you choose 3rd person
>> instead
>> of forcing a 1st person perspective on you. FPS games like that have a
>> tendency to get me somewhat queasy.
>>

>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Nope didn't get into that one. Last one I did was the PS2 version of
>>> Battlefield Modern Combat, which was VERY good!!

Does BF:MC have support for mouse and keyboard ? I was looking into one of
those adapter things from liksang.

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>I guess for folks like you that would be a good thing, something like how
>>SOCOM is. Though then the game would have to be pretty much designed as a
>>3rd person game and then give it the 1st person option. I would guess it
>>would be harder and require much more work going the other way (opposite
>>of SOCOM.)
>>

>> "T. Turner" <ty@edswax.com> wrote in message
>>> Yeah, BF:MC was fun, but I do wish they'd let you choose 3rd person
>>> instead
>>> of forcing a 1st person perspective on you. FPS games like that have a
>>> tendency to get me somewhat queasy.
>>>

>>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

> Does BF:MC have support for mouse and keyboard ? I was looking into one of
> those adapter things from liksang.

Didn't in the beta test, and I HIGHLY doubt that it will or would in the
final version coming in the near future. Generally with consoles it is kept
to a more even playing field with everyone using the same thing pretty much.
If you want to play BF with a mouse and keyboard then your best bet is to
stick to a PC version of the game/games. Few games have actually supported a
mouse for use in gameplay on the PS2...just not something that caught on and
developers bothered with...most that want to use that setup tend to stick
with PC games.