Boot Error

soliden

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
After a lengthy RMA process with ASUS I finally got a replacement Sabertooth R2.0 board. When I recieved it, I reassambled my system with an Athalon II processor and I was able to get into my desktop again. From there, I used the USB BIOS utility to update the BIOS to version 1503 to support my AMD FX8350. The update was successful, since I tested the reboot with the old processor. I then put in the AMD FX processor, and now my PC won't boot correctly.

What I mean is, I get into a boot loop. I can access the UFEI BIOS just fine and view all of my components that are connected, however, I cannot get back into Windows 7. It will say that there has been an error in the boot up process and it will ask me to run a system recovery, and when I click on that, I get a blue screen and then the system will reboot. I tried setting the boot priority to the DVD Drive to load off of my Win7 DVD, and it will load the files, blue screen, and reboot.

I unplugged my 120GB SSD and just loaded my two RAID drives, and that didn't correct the issue.

Also, the BOOT_DEVICE_LED will be a solid red. If there's any remedies that anyone could recommend, that would be great.