The computer feels warmer than before

diana_99

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hello, first of all sorry for my English it's not my primary language. Secondly, I am not 100% sure this is the right forum, but I think it is.

About three months ago I bought a new gaming computer for Battlefield 3. I format my computer about one month after. When I had format it Windows 7 wouldn't take the updates when I shut the computer down(freeze at "Installning updates don't shut down your computer." So I sent it back and they fixed it, got it back two days ago. What they did was that they re-formated Windows 7 and fixed so the updates were installed and they also updated the BIOS I think.

I think the computer got three blowers/breezers/whatever. One is on the top of the computer, one is at the front and one is at the back. When I played Battlefield 3 yesterday I noticed the space at the top of the computer were warmer than before, it felt that it got warm Faster, I only played for like 5-10 minutes and it was already warm. All the breezers are ON, it's not that they aren't rotating.

I wonder what could have happened, could the people that fixed the computer have lowered the rotating speed or something or could the latest BIOS have changed it? Can I change this back to what it was before, if so, what is the normal rotating speed and how do I change it?

hitechgowthaman

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Power supply is on top, see the power supply fan is rotating or not or any dust in that can cause over heat,goto bios load default settings,not know wel to do that open the cabinet remove cmos battery ,on system then off put it back

mubin

Distinguished
When you gaming there will be warm because your harware getting hot when gaming. Your case fan has nothing to do with bios, unless it is connected to motherboard.