Best System configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sureshds

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Looking for a system configuration in a budget of around Rs. 75000.00 I am in stock trading and run a proprietary application that does a lot of calculations, my present system AMD Phenom 2 X6 1055t, 8gb ram, Gigabyte Mobo. I am not satisfied with it and am looking for a better system. Any help in this would be great.

Solution
Well I am not sure what the budget in usd is, but I am assuming it is a decent and plentiful amount. I would get an i7-3930k, a asus px79 pro, 16gb quad channel ram, and a corsair H80 liquid cooler to overclock it!

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

Did you even read his post...he's not after a gaming system. And 'overclock without limit'? Not even going to comment!

*ahem*

To the OP...does your application maximise RAM and CPU usage? Best way to find out is when it's running it's calcs, open up Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar, select 'Start Task Manager' and then select the 'Performance' tab (at least, that's on Windows 7...should be the same, more or less, on all Windows OS). See how many cores your system is using and if it's maxing them all out...same for the RAM.

Once we know how this program uses your system resources, we can give you some ideas on a suitable upgrade. Have you noticed your current system lagging in any way?

Sureshds

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hi, thanks.

Actually my friend uses a Intel based system and his work time is lot lesser than in my system, i would prefer a intel system. Looking at the extreme processors, but i dont know the other hardware requirements. Also i am having constant power surge problems in my present amd based system, dont know the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.