Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia GTX price drop soon?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2011 2:00:11 PM

Hi guys,

I am looking to build a new PC by the end of this month and was going to get two gtx570's.

However, with the release of a new mobo interface, cpu and the expected new cards by nvidia, should I wait it out for a price drop not only in the gtx570, but other pc components?

Thanks!

More about : nvidia gtx price drop

a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 3:05:43 PM

I wouldn't expect significant price reductions in the 570 for some time. Even if they do go down it wouldn't be by enough to be a game changer for your build.

The new intel CPUs that were just released target the very high end and offer virtually no gaming performance above a 2500k overclocked.

New cards should be released sometime in Q1 2012 (or maybe late this quarter for AMD), but there's always the possibility of delays and scant availability in the opening months. There's always something else just around the corner- I'd go with your build as planned. It will still be an EXTREMELY fast rig for years.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2011 3:56:56 PM

Just to add to that^, those new CPUs are indeed high end, both the boards and the CPU's are pretty spendy. I would not expect much price changes for sometime yet. I wouldn't wait either.
m
l
November 15, 2011 5:14:32 PM

churry said:
Hi guys,

I am looking to build a new PC by the end of this month and was going to get two gtx570's.

However, with the release of a new mobo interface, cpu and the expected new cards by nvidia, should I wait it out for a price drop not only in the gtx570, but other pc components?

Thanks!

If you are in no hurry I would wait for the new radeon 7000's or if you must have Nvidia the Kepler. They will be 28nm and run much faster and cooler. The Radeons are supposed to be out next month.
m
l
!