Fault with Gigabyte GA-EP-UD3LR. Please Help

multimaster

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
G'Day

I've got a Gigabyte GA-EP-UD3LR motherboard which has been running fine for the past couple years although hasn't seen much more than a couple days per month turned on as I've been using my Lap Top more.
I had the desktop running today and all was well until I nudged it (very slightly). As I nudged it, the computer froze. I turned it off for a couple hours and turned it on again and all was good for about half an hour when it froze again. Again I turned it off for a bit and tried rebooting.
When I booted the system, all 4 phase lights came on and stayed solid, no bios screen or anything showed, the monitor stayed blank, and the computer gave 23 short beeps, followed by a reboot. It just keeps going and I can't turn it off other than switching off at the Power Supply.
I've read up on other forums about what it could be but none say about the 23 beeps, although they say that continuous short beeps point towards a power fault. I've checked and re-checked all the power leads inside the computer and all seem to be plugged in as they were when I built the system.
All of the fans and lights are working fine although the HDD light does not light up which makes me think that could be an issue.

I know it's a relatively old system now but any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get it back to being my main PC.

Thanks

BadPeteNo

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
My first suggestion is to call gigabyte. They're pretty helpful and they actually answer the phone.

Also, unplug everything except one stick of ram and see if it posts. If it does, work your way back up.

Lastly, check your caps (they look like tiny batteries). If the tops are starting to stick out like a frozen beer can, that may well be your problem. Caps can be replaced, but this is not something you want to try unless you're very familiar with board-level soldering.