The Big Freezing Issue!

Hi

I am currently suffering from the deadly freeze, basically my desktop is freezing on or just after startup. I have also suffered from a freeze where it has disconnected the monitor to a black screen but the desktop is still on. I have listed below the components of my computer:

Motherboard: EVGA 780i SLI
Graphics Card: EVGA 9800 GX2
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300
Ram: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 Dual Channe

I have a Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler on myCpu
Only 1 onboard Hard drive (use external hardrive's):Samsung SpinPoint F1 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
1200kw Akasa power supply
I have 2x 120mm fans, one located bottom front, other fan is top Back
large Akasa Cooling Case
Sound Blaster Sound Card

I have not seen any spiking in temperatures of my cpu or graphics card so i'm hoping its not an overheating issue. i had previously when first setting up my computer overclocked slightly my ram. I have tried operating the computer with the side panel off but makes no difference.

I have also noticed that it seems to work in safe mode.

Hope you can help
Cheers
6 answers Last reply
More about freezing issue
  1. change bios settings to default and see if it happens again
  2. Hi,

Boot in safe mode and check in control pannel, administrative tools, computer management, event viewer:

You might get clues on why you get freezes
  3. I have altered the voltage now to the ram, originally it was only getin 1.8, factory setting, so i have bumped it up to 2.1V. I am now unable to get past the windows logo when starting up. I have tested the ram and it seems to have come back error free. i will test each ram now in the same slot to see if one of the sticks of ram is damaged. At a complete loss here!
  4. Locking up is usually a processor issue. What is the temp of the CPU and is it in the safe range?
  5. when i checked recently the cpu was operating at 40-45 degrees, which is pretty low
  6. i have tried reinstalling windows, Once the installation is complete and it restarts my computer once again freezes when it trys to boot windows. could this be a hard drive failure?

Many thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems