The Big Freezing Issue!

mikemartyn88

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hi

I am currently suffering from the deadly freeze, basically my desktop is freezing on or just after startup. I have also suffered from a freeze where it has disconnected the monitor to a black screen but the desktop is still on. I have listed below the components of my computer:

Motherboard: EVGA 780i SLI
Graphics Card: EVGA 9800 GX2
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300
Ram: OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 Dual Channe

I have a Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler on myCpu
Only 1 onboard Hard drive (use external hardrive's):Samsung SpinPoint F1 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
1200kw Akasa power supply
I have 2x 120mm fans, one located bottom front, other fan is top Back
large Akasa Cooling Case
Sound Blaster Sound Card

I have not seen any spiking in temperatures of my cpu or graphics card so i'm hoping its not an overheating issue. i had previously when first setting up my computer overclocked slightly my ram. I have tried operating the computer with the side panel off but makes no difference.

I have also noticed that it seems to work in safe mode.

Hope you can help
Cheers

mikemartyn88

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I have altered the voltage now to the ram, originally it was only getin 1.8, factory setting, so i have bumped it up to 2.1V. I am now unable to get past the windows logo when starting up. I have tested the ram and it seems to have come back error free. i will test each ram now in the same slot to see if one of the sticks of ram is damaged. At a complete loss here!

mikemartyn88

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
i have tried reinstalling windows, Once the installation is complete and it restarts my computer once again freezes when it trys to boot windows. could this be a hard drive failure?

Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS