Sign in with
Your question

No monitor signal after failed BIOS Flash MSI K9NGM2. MSI 7252v1.1

Last response: in Motherboards
March 9, 2013 12:47:02 PM

I flashed my bios and after that I cant get PC to post MSI K9NGM2. MSI 7252 v1.1, did bios clear. no luck. please help

More about : monitor signal failed bios flash msi k9ngm2 msi 7252v1

a c 78 V Motherboard
March 9, 2013 9:33:32 PM

You may have to replace your BIOS chip. I had to do that once; I got a new, programmed BIOS chip from BadFlash. It fixed my board.
m
l
May 13, 2013 6:33:28 AM

Pieter Voigt said:
I flashed my bios and after that I cant get PC to post MSI K9NGM2. MSI 7252 v1.1, did bios clear. no luck. please help

...This is an update to remarks which I made earlier (I am looking around for a solution). There are 2 board revisions -
watch for hints on: http://www.allquests.com/question/3731454/MS-7252-Bad-F...: "PCB 1.1 uses 1xx BIOS, PCB 1.1A uses 3xx BIOS". Plus msi says on its CPU-Support page for rev 1.1A that most cpus are supported by bios v. 3.7 but does not offer for download version higher than 3.1. May have retracted 3.7. because of problems.
Now I accidentally flashed mb which came with BIOS V 3.1 with version (suppose must have been board rev. 1.1a although there is no hint on the board for 1.1"a". As a result, there was no video-output on DB-15, onboard-connector. The message urging BIOS-Update to accomodate processor had disappeared, which was the reason I flashed in the first place. Inserting a PCIe-video adapter into the slot solved the problem, however. So, maybe you can get a signal this way (and use the board in this way) or use it to flash it back. - The situation seems to be a bit messy since msi failed to see that it has a CPU-compatibility-list which uses a BIOS-version which is not available...
m
l
!