An audio-related problem

D@noosh

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hello,

I reassembled the parts of my computer that had been uninstalled for 6 months, it was working properly till I turned on the "CPU Fan Warning" option in the bios of the computer. then I ran a software after that the software just hanged so I hold the power button and turned off the computer. next day when I wanted to turn on the computer a strange sound played and I thought it's the "CPU FAN Warning ". I turned the "CPU FAN WARNING" off and after loading the windows I figured out that there is no sound, I restarted the computer several times and then I "Disabled" the Azalia codec in the bios then after loading windows I restarted it and set the "Azalia codec" value to "Auto" again. it worked and the sound came back. Although, it doesn't seem to work sometimes and "only" some strange sounds are sometimes playing.

I've "rolled back" the sound driver, but nothing changed.

What's wrong with this? why sometimes there's no sound or only strange sounds are hearing from the speakers?

Additional Info:

The strange sound looks like a noise that starts from the left speaker and then the right speaker will make noise then both channels don't play the strange sound.

Motherboard details:

Gigabyte 945 PLM S2

Solution
You might try re-installing the sound drivers, either from the original mother board disk, or better, from an updated version available on the audio provider's website.