I broke my laptop but what did I break pic included

Austinholland

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I broke my laptop but what did I break pic included is this RAM or what i knocked one of the 6 little squares off on accident
please help if you can give me a price or how to fix i might donate

35l6ges.jpg

imaurer269

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Broke a stick of memory. You cold remove the broken ram and it should run ok, might be a little slower with half of the memory gone. I would buy a new set of memory to replace the old ones.

Edit: Upon zooming in it looks like there is only one ram stick. You will need to buy some new memory, either a single stick or a dual kit.

Feldmarschall

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hello Austin,

You have broke your RAM stick and you should replace it (can't tell from picture are those DDR or DDR2). It's simple to remove it, just pull aside those 2 notches (black and white) which hold stick, and simply insert new one. As far as price I can't tell you much because i live in Croatia and prices aren't even simillar. But if i may guess if it is DDR2 memory 2 GB would cost somewhere about 30$ in US, and DDR even cheaper if you even find them brand new.

Shockeray

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
they have to be DDR2 ram because I zoomed in and searched the ram chips, they are produced by Nanya Technology Corporation
http://www.nanya.com/PageEdition1.aspx?Menu_ID=23&lan=en-us&def=&isPrint=&KeyWords=

as you can see, they only produce DDR2 and DDR3 RAM.

Austinholland

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

it wont turn on so there is one

Austinholland

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Can you find me the exact one so i dont buy the wrond one oh and the laptop wont turn on right now

Austinholland

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Can you take the picture and go into paint and make arrows showing me how to remove this im very noob when it comes to laptops but desktops are what i specialize in