Solved

Creative recon3d PCIE and Titanium HD comparision

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • HD
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 26, 2012 8:40:05 AM

note:- this comparision is strickly a user opinion and does not reflect the real performance of these two sound cards, this is based on my hearing, experience and personal thoughts, I was confused between the two and it was frustrating thats why I have made this comparision so users like me could get an Idea on how boths cards performed FROM MY POINT OF VIEW.

I own both cards so I have no reason to lean toward any of them

ok so today I have made a comparision between both the recon3d pcie version and the titanium HD soundcards, the comparision was made while effects was off and titanium HD in intertainment mode not game mode.
both cards were connected to schiit asgard + denon ah-d5000,
although the recon3d has a dedicated headphones amp I have connected it to an external amp anyway so I can have a clear and uniform comparision between the both and as accurate result as possible, since the asgard doesn`t alter the sound quality but only amplifiy it and and extend the frequency responds of headphones.

I have connected the recon3d from its headphones out to the rca of asgard so I used high quality audioquest evergreen 3.5 jack to RCA.
the titanium HD has been connecte through its RCA to the asgard RCA, the titanium has the same sound quality even if I connected it from the 3.5 jack to rca since I have compared both and its the same.

ok so lets get to the results.
-music:-
recon3d has a good sound quality if not great when it comes to music, but it seemed alittle bit harsh on the ears with the high mids to mids high, its only acceptable since the recon3d is aimed at gamers so the mids should be more profound, I have tried a number of tracks and it all sounded the same in terms of mids,
the downfall here if you connect the recon3d to an external amp you won`t be able to adjust any EQ nor can you use the crystallizer feature on it.

ok so after I have connected the titanium HD the sound seemed more balanced and and slightly crispier, no high mids here, slightly better base and representation of every element of the songs, there is also the wow factor you get in techno and house music where the beats start high, unlike the recon3d which seemed everything is laud so there is no real punch and feel of those kind of songs if you know what I mean.

-gaming:-
now here where it gets a little bit confusing, the recon3D performed really good in borderlands and the 3D effects where so good and the positioning was superb and natural, its a gaming card so all these is expected, red faction armageddon sounded clear and the 3d effects were superb, stalker, now here where the recon3d really wins over the titanium HD in terms of postional audio and 3d effect, the positioning here sounded really natural and clear, and the scout mode is superb in pin pointing enemies.

ok so now about the titanium HD, now here the harware acceleration and high end components really shined and gave the extra crispiness in games, borderlands sounded great and the background sound is great and clear, the 3d effect seemed slightly inferior to the recon3d since it sounded like its sort of compartmentalized and not so natural, but the clearer sound makes up for it.
in red faction armageddon, I went through the same level where you disable the energy field to free the civilians and where the monster rips the girls head off, now here the sound was really different than the recon3D, this movie effect the openess of the sound and clearness really sounded astonishing and great, the 3d and positioning was equal to the recon3d in every way adding clearer sound and crispy broader audio.
as I mentioned before recon3d sounded better in stalker when it comes to positioning audio, again the sound is crispier but the 3d effects is compartmentalized and not so natural.

-drivers:-
here the recon3d wins hands down, the drivers here work really great with no issue what so ever, installation was fast and instant operation after restart, the console is better polished that the x-fi console and has bigger icons and bottoms. overall the drives support is far superior than the titanium HD.

now the titanium HD drivers are not so bad, everything worked well for me after I installed the drivers and softwares from the bundled CD on a fresh windows 7 install, it works perfectly on a fresh install otherwise you might face lots of no audio issue and the card not being reconginzed by the console which is frustrating.

accessories and packaging.

why this is important? when you pay 99$ for a sound card you expect it to be fully bundled with some neat stuff, but instead the recon3d pcie version was so stripped, all I got is big box, sound card, manual and installation CD. so after I received it the first time I was a little bit disappointed with the packaging, first cuz the box is so big for it and they could have fitted it inside a smaller package, at least this way it would cost me less in shipping ( live outside usa and had it shipped to Libya) 2nd it didn`t feel like it was worth 100$ really, cuz the card is so stripped and tiny and had no accesories.

after receiving the titanium HD the packaging is great and flashy, the box is heavy and well put togather, the sound card is HUGE compared to the recon3d, the titanium HD seemed like a graphic card than a sound card in my eyes, came well bundled with connections and documentations.

-price market and my conclusion-
recon3D was intended for gamers and it does its jop well since the drivers are an improvment over the previous generation, and its a great choice when it come to upgrading from onboard audio. current price on amazon is 79$ so I guess this price is somewhat reasonable for its segment of the market, but still not very good value giving that most gamers builds their systems based on a limited budget and you can honestly pick a good motherboard with a good onboard audio for 100$ or even less.

titanium HD is intended for audiophiles and high end market of computer audio, so for its price which is 140$ its relatively a great value vs performance, giving all the great features and clearity you get with this sound card.

recon3d pros:-
1-great gaming sound and 3d positioning audio over headphones.
2-support for analogue 5.1 output
3-dedicated headphones amp, a cheap solution for high impedance headphones.
4-great drivers stability and support.
5- relativelly better software consule better polished than x-fi consule.
6- great switching feature between headphones and speakers in the sofware.

recon3d cons:-
1-high mids and harsh sound.
2- low quality audio support 48000hz 24bit over headphones
3- low specs 102snr, ( some motherboards in the same price range sports 108snr!! loseless HD audio)
4- less harware workout, most of everything is done on a single chip or on software.
5- price 80$ for the base version and about 200$ for the fatility champion.

titanium HD pros.
1- high quality components and changable oamps.
2- really good sound quality over everything.
3- great support and connectivity for external amps and surround sound systems with rca and digital
5- great gaming and 3D effects, crispy sound even in games.
6-high end specs and full harware support of everything, 192000hz 24bit and 128-118snr.
7-great price for what you get.

titanium HD cons.
1-poor drivers, and frustrating gltches
2- no sofware switching between headphones and speakers, ( you have to disconnet cables behind you case)
3-no support for analogue 5.1
4- no so natural and great 3d sound effects in some games.

so this sum it up for me and I hope this will be of help to those who are in confusion between the two, even though those two card are in two different classes but the average consumer don`t seem to worry about marketing goals.

please forgive me and excuse me for any mistaken in technical information because I am only an average user who doesn`t have much experiance in audio, I simply wanted the best out of those two card, so this comparision was made so people like me could benifit from it since I already have both cards and others wouldn`t have to waste their money on an extra one.

cheers hope this sum it up

More about : creative recon3d pcie titanium comparision

April 26, 2012 12:13:40 PM

Decent review, I'd add this for reference, just to make the feature set clear:

And again, I find it impossible to recommend the Recon3D line, when cards by ASUS/Auzentech/HT Omega does what the Recon does, better, at a lower price.
m
l

Best solution

April 26, 2012 12:48:01 PM

i purchased the titanium hd couple weeks ago and love the sound quality i got a couple 320kbs led zeplin and moody blues albums and i got my self listening for hours on end not wanting to stop. i felt like i was sitting at a show not at my desk I am using these as desktop speakers for music http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blue-Sky-MediaDesk-2-1-Desk... . Which i got for free 2 weeks ago moving my brother into his new house. The tendants living there trashed before they left and left those speakers because the 4 inch woofer was blown. i ordered a new one for 50 dollars from Bluesky. this makes me love people who dont know crap about speakers and technology. I use those for gaming as well but when i want surround i use mt trinity 5.1 headset which is great. This is where i dont like this sound card that much. i have optical going to these headphones and i cant seem to set them up right. I had them working at first now no sound comes out unless i restart the computer and mess with settings. So once i figure it out and really care about surround ill let you guys know how it performs for my standards.
Related resources
April 26, 2012 3:26:47 PM

gamerk316 said:
Decent review, I'd add this for reference, just to make the feature set clear:

http://cdn.overclock.net/c/c1/c110256d_25.jpeg

And again, I find it impossible to recommend the Recon3D line, when cards by ASUS/Auzentech/HT Omega does what the Recon does, better, at a lower price.

the recon3d is a decent sound card but its overpriced, I was disappointed when I first received it cuz the box was too big for nothing, I got the feeling of being ripped off!!, I had doubts from the day I got it so I started comparing it to my onboard audio which sports more snr and found there isn`t much difference, and it was so harsh on my ears. after reviews about it came out then I knew that my doubts were in their place, it was a mistake to just buy it without waiting for trustworthy review or user comments about it. same thing I did with the buldozer fx :whistle:  slapped it on a gigabyte 990fx without reading first, the chipset specs seemed tempting but the processers are not up for my taste, ended up going LGA 2011 with 79x chipset asus setup, gained about 10 to 15 fps in most of my games.

one should always do extensive research before jumping on any new piece of hardware!

m
l
April 26, 2012 3:30:22 PM

burton88 said:
i purchased the titanium hd couple weeks ago and love the sound quality i got a couple 320kbs led zeplin and moody blues albums and i got my self listening for hours on end not wanting to stop. i felt like i was sitting at a show not at my desk I am using these as desktop speakers for music http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blue-Sky-MediaDesk-2-1-Desk... . Which i got for free 2 weeks ago moving my brother into his new house. The tendants living there trashed before they left and left those speakers because the 4 inch woofer was blown. i ordered a new one for 50 dollars from Bluesky. this makes me love people who dont know crap about speakers and technology. I use those for gaming as well but when i want surround i use mt trinity 5.1 headset which is great. This is where i dont like this sound card that much. i have optical going to these headphones and i cant seem to set them up right. I had them working at first now no sound comes out unless i restart the computer and mess with settings. So once i figure it out and really care about surround ill let you guys know how it performs for my standards.

nice setup, those are the glitches I was talking about, just make sure you enable dts or dolby in software and silence any other audio source, prehaps this would work for you, and you don`t have lots of applications and profiles on your windows you can simply re-install, I am pretty sure this will make it work well.

as for me after I tested the recon3D today morning with the titanium HD and wrote the comparision and backed up my pc before it and restored it after I removed the recon3D, so I can guarntee my self not to have any driver glitches since I have just installed a new windows few days ago.
m
l
April 26, 2012 3:58:06 PM

My experiences have been similar. I have a Recon3d and actually enjoy it in gaming w/ AKG Q701s for SUPERB audio positioning. Actually scares the crap out of me sometimes, it sounds so real. IMHO the surround positioning is superb on the Recon3d and the game audio is plenty immersive for me to forgive any other shortcomings. I am happy that I purchased it and enjoy my time in game over the MixAmp via onboard optical that it replaced.

That said, I do not use the onboard audio or the Recon3d for music. I use a Hi-Fi Man EF2A via USB into my AKG Q701s. I just haven't found a PCI solution that makes me happy.
m
l
April 26, 2012 4:01:23 PM

fresh install will probably fix it but for now since ive been on this mine craft and world of tanks binge. ill probably op back on bf3 and other games that will require surround sound but for now i don't care its just something to keep in mind. Thanks

pc setup
2600k with danger den water bock 18 c stock clock
8 gb trancend 2400mhz at 2133 cas 9
580 gtx with danger den water block 22 c
ocz vertex 3 120gb windows files and power hungry games
veloci raptor 150 gb for exta games that dont need ssd performance
maximus IV extreme z
haf case
swiftech mcp pump
7 feet of 3/8-5/8 tubing
koolance bay res
4 syth fans 130 cfm each
titanium hd sound card
bluesky mediadesk 2.1
trinity pro headset 5.1

m
l
April 26, 2012 4:02:18 PM

it is a really good card as I stated but its slightly over priced thats all, and the positional audio is really superb, well lets wait for the asus xonar phobus to be stocked and reviews, lets see how it turns up to be.
m
l
April 26, 2012 4:06:46 PM

burton88 said:
fresh install will probably fix it but for now since ive been on this mine craft and world of tanks binge. ill probably op back on bf3 and other games that will require surround sound but for now i don't care its just something to keep in mind. Thanks

pc setup
2600k with danger den water bock 18 c stock clock
8 gb trancend 2400mhz at 2133 cas 9
580 gtx with danger den water block 22 c
ocz vertex 3 120gb windows files and power hungry games
veloci raptor 150 gb for exta games that dont need ssd performance
maximus IV extreme z
haf case
swiftech mcp pump
7 feet of 3/8-5/8 tubing
koolance bay res
4 syth fans 130 cfm each
titanium hd sound card
bluesky mediadesk 2.1
trinity pro headset 5.1

nice reg you got there, well since your rog like me you`re probably waiting on fire to see how the new xonar phobus turns out, I just want to see how much would it cost! and how good will it perform in games :sol: 
m
l
April 26, 2012 5:14:53 PM

fastwing76 said:
it is a really good card as I stated but its slightly over priced thats all, and the positional audio is really superb, well lets wait for the asus xonar phobus to be stocked and reviews, lets see how it turns up to be.

The Phobus looks awesome, spec wise, and all of ASUS's cards lately have been very HQ. I'd be interested to see if they put out a budget one in the future. I'm a bit surprised Auzentech/HT Omega haven't announced any new cards using that chipset yet though...
m
l
April 26, 2012 5:43:11 PM

gamerk316 said:
The Phobus looks awesome, spec wise, and all of ASUS's cards lately have been very HQ. I'd be interested to see if they put out a budget one in the future. I'm a bit surprised Auzentech/HT Omega haven't announced any new cards using that chipset yet though...

As far as I know HT/Omega just release a couple cards, the eClaro and the Halo Claro.
m
l
April 26, 2012 7:33:11 PM

^^ Both have been out for a while now. The new C-Media chipset is native PCI-E, without the need for a PCI-E bridge (and power cable), so I'm a bit surprised they haven't announced a refresh yet...
m
l
April 26, 2012 7:50:06 PM

I'm sure they're working on it though. There's also nothing inherently wrong with the PCI to PCIe bridge, other than perhaps a little additional latency.
m
l
April 26, 2012 8:01:30 PM

seems like the titanium HD still has higher specs when taking audio from RCA, 122snr compare to 118snr.
higher frequency response of titanium HD 10hz - 90khz compared to 1-hz to 48khz of the phobeus

it wouldn`t matter much anyway without actually hearing how it sounds in games those specs are neglectable.
m
l
April 26, 2012 9:43:17 PM

Thanks fast wing that sound card looks sick i have never really upgraded my sound card last time i upgraded was with a creative audigy zs and that was 4 builds back. i cant wait i have a upgrading bug i upgrade 8 months to once a year so if this sound card is what it looks like it can be i will defiantly buy it when it comes out. But my roommate gives me crap for not buying Ht omega which doesn't seem worth it to me.
m
l
April 26, 2012 10:03:31 PM

burton88 said:
Thanks fast wing that sound card looks sick i have never really upgraded my sound card last time i upgraded was with a creative audigy zs and that was 4 builds back. i cant wait i have a upgrading bug i upgrade 8 months to once a year so if this sound card is what it looks like it can be i will defiantly buy it when it comes out. But my roommate gives me crap for not buying Ht omega which doesn't seem worth it to me.

didn`t you mention that you already have the titanium HD, do you mean you have upgraded from audigy zs?, I havn`t tried ht omega but asus has a great rep in sound cards, and now its ROG so yes its pretty much sick, but lets not rush things ahead of time, let it come out and lets see the reviews in the next months, although I am 80% sure its the gaming version of the xonar st and stx, so it will fill the gab pretty well, and I hope it perfoms well in movies and music as well, but seriously if you have the titanium HD hang on to it, its currently the best ALL AROUND high end sound card. still the flagship of creative.

for me the phobeus seems tempting but I don`t know how am i suppose to connect it to my asgard external amp, it would sound kinda stupid to connect such card with through 3.5jack to RCA to the asgard, and even if I choose not to connect the external amp to begin it would it would be just awaste of money to the asgard in favor to the phobues, so its really confusing givin that the specs are quite similar to the titanium HD, thats why am holding my horses until a professional reviewer compare the both and comment on them. besides the control box and the 7,1 output is useless for me.

but for the ROG label one could go nuts just to have his whole system asus ROG :pt1cable: 
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:11:10 PM

What i meant to say is the titanium hd is my second sound card and audigy zs as my first.Only reason why i would want to sell my titanium hd would be for ROG sound card since it looks amazing and would match the rog board. I already have my coolant all blood red and red lighting. If it isn't as good as titanium in sound quality then i wouldn't get it. But that is one sick look sound card
m
l
April 27, 2012 12:35:23 PM

just figured out why i was having problems with the 5.1 head set i have which is tritton ax pro. i was having problems with crackling noises and getting no sound. Looks like some idiot used my computer with out me knowing and pulled the wire out of the volume control thing that's half way up the wire. Looks like they just kept pulling on the wire until the it came unstuck or some crap because i dont know how else you can apply that much pressure. I wish they had some kind of desktop force field so no one can touch it. Last time i let some use my comp they spilled water on the desk which almost leaked into top of my case and also was riddled with all kinds of viruses.
m
l
April 27, 2012 12:44:54 PM

am glad you figuired it out, no one is allowed to come even close to my setup in the house ;)  here, my advice to you forget about 5.1 headsets and get a good pair of stereo headphones. well since your headset wont be as appealing after this incident. well at least you now know that there is nothing wrong with the card
m
l
April 27, 2012 1:21:49 PM

yes but that does mean i need a headset lets see how rma works with this. I wish no one would be allowed by my computer i just don't know what happens when i am not home since i work from 5:30 am till 2:30 mon-fri and don't stay up past 9 on those word days and of course when my roommate has parties worries me. Before i go to sleep i switch off psu every time. Especially after this drunk chick was mad that someone drank her bottle of vodka (me) and was throwing water peoples faces who were sleeping on the couch and my computer is right behind her. I almost made her drive home drunk but my computers is not worth her life. BUt wow i was pissed
m
l
April 27, 2012 1:30:19 PM

seriously man! you should find a way to protect your pc and make it less vulernable for all of this, hide the case under tha table and put some cloths on it or something, along with the your headsets and your important accessories, cuz one day something bad will happen to your reg and all your ROG dreams will go a waste.
m
l
April 27, 2012 2:03:58 PM

if that day does come i will die or someone will die. i do hide everything best i can headset hidden behind monitor and i did have the pc case under my desk but my sub is there now. And on the other side i have my kegerator taking up space i have to have my beer arms length away. I never have my psu on when i am not there so i don't worry about spills that much anymore and i always check in that case before i power it up in case i have a leak. If i really have to i ll make someting to go over top to prevent spills on it. But now i am worried some idiot will push the tweeters in on my speakers i have to make sure i get some custom grills for them or buy them if they make them. I had a pair of klipsch pro media before and some one pushed the tweeter in few years back.
m
l
April 28, 2012 4:05:16 PM

guys how can I add pics to the thread since I want to improve this comparision with pictures, cuz honestly I am not that of an expert in threads and forums much.

thanks
m
l
April 28, 2012 7:49:20 PM

fastwing76 said:
guys how can I add pics to the thread since I want to improve this comparision with pictures, cuz honestly I am not that of an expert in threads and forums much.

thanks

""
m
l
May 4, 2012 11:56:35 PM

Best answer selected by fastwing76.
m
l
May 4, 2012 11:58:41 PM

thank you all for your replies, I would have choosen everyone as a best answer, am new otherwise I would have choosen discussion not quesion but I didn`t know how to do that until few days ago, I choose burton88 cuz his new and he needs the points , but all of you were great.

thank you all :) 
m
l
May 22, 2013 8:02:16 AM

fastwing76 said:
note:- this comparision is strickly a user opinion and does not reflect the real performance of these two sound cards, this is based on my hearing, experience and personal thoughts, I was confused between the two and it was frustrating thats why I have made this comparision so users like me could get an Idea on how boths cards performed FROM MY POINT OF VIEW.

I own both cards so I have no reason to lean toward any of them

ok so today I have made a comparision between both the recon3d pcie version and the titanium HD soundcards, the comparision was made while effects was off and titanium HD in intertainment mode not game mode.
both cards were connected to schiit asgard + denon ah-d5000,
although the recon3d has a dedicated headphones amp I have connected it to an external amp anyway so I can have a clear and uniform comparision between the both and as accurate result as possible, since the asgard doesn`t alter the sound quality but only amplifiy it and and extend the frequency responds of headphones.

I have connected the recon3d from its headphones out to the rca of asgard so I used high quality audioquest evergreen 3.5 jack to RCA.
the titanium HD has been connecte through its RCA to the asgard RCA, the titanium has the same sound quality even if I connected it from the 3.5 jack to rca since I have compared both and its the same.

ok so lets get to the results.
-music:-
recon3d has a good sound quality if not great when it comes to music, but it seemed alittle bit harsh on the ears with the high mids to mids high, its only acceptable since the recon3d is aimed at gamers so the mids should be more profound, I have tried a number of tracks and it all sounded the same in terms of mids,
the downfall here if you connect the recon3d to an external amp you won`t be able to adjust any EQ nor can you use the crystallizer feature on it.

ok so after I have connected the titanium HD the sound seemed more balanced and and slightly crispier, no high mids here, slightly better base and representation of every element of the songs, there is also the wow factor you get in techno and house music where the beats start high, unlike the recon3d which seemed everything is laud so there is no real punch and feel of those kind of songs if you know what I mean.

-gaming:-
now here where it gets a little bit confusing, the recon3D performed really good in borderlands and the 3D effects where so good and the positioning was superb and natural, its a gaming card so all these is expected, red faction armageddon sounded clear and the 3d effects were superb, stalker, now here where the recon3d really wins over the titanium HD in terms of postional audio and 3d effect, the positioning here sounded really natural and clear, and the scout mode is superb in pin pointing enemies.

ok so now about the titanium HD, now here the harware acceleration and high end components really shined and gave the extra crispiness in games, borderlands sounded great and the background sound is great and clear, the 3d effect seemed slightly inferior to the recon3d since it sounded like its sort of compartmentalized and not so natural, but the clearer sound makes up for it.
in red faction armageddon, I went through the same level where you disable the energy field to free the civilians and where the monster rips the girls head off, now here the sound was really different than the recon3D, this movie effect the openess of the sound and clearness really sounded astonishing and great, the 3d and positioning was equal to the recon3d in every way adding clearer sound and crispy broader audio.
as I mentioned before recon3d sounded better in stalker when it comes to positioning audio, again the sound is crispier but the 3d effects is compartmentalized and not so natural.

-drivers:-
here the recon3d wins hands down, the drivers here work really great with no issue what so ever, installation was fast and instant operation after restart, the console is better polished that the x-fi console and has bigger icons and bottoms. overall the drives support is far superior than the titanium HD.

now the titanium HD drivers are not so bad, everything worked well for me after I installed the drivers and softwares from the bundled CD on a fresh windows 7 install, it works perfectly on a fresh install otherwise you might face lots of no audio issue and the card not being reconginzed by the console which is frustrating.

accessories and packaging.

why this is important? when you pay 99$ for a sound card you expect it to be fully bundled with some neat stuff, but instead the recon3d pcie version was so stripped, all I got is big box, sound card, manual and installation CD. so after I received it the first time I was a little bit disappointed with the packaging, first cuz the box is so big for it and they could have fitted it inside a smaller package, at least this way it would cost me less in shipping ( live outside usa and had it shipped to Libya) 2nd it didn`t feel like it was worth 100$ really, cuz the card is so stripped and tiny and had no accesories.

after receiving the titanium HD the packaging is great and flashy, the box is heavy and well put togather, the sound card is HUGE compared to the recon3d, the titanium HD seemed like a graphic card than a sound card in my eyes, came well bundled with connections and documentations.

-price market and my conclusion-
recon3D was intended for gamers and it does its jop well since the drivers are an improvment over the previous generation, and its a great choice when it come to upgrading from onboard audio. current price on amazon is 79$ so I guess this price is somewhat reasonable for its segment of the market, but still not very good value giving that most gamers builds their systems based on a limited budget and you can honestly pick a good motherboard with a good onboard audio for 100$ or even less.

titanium HD is intended for audiophiles and high end market of computer audio, so for its price which is 140$ its relatively a great value vs performance, giving all the great features and clearity you get with this sound card.

recon3d pros:-
1-great gaming sound and 3d positioning audio over headphones.
2-support for analogue 5.1 output
3-dedicated headphones amp, a cheap solution for high impedance headphones.
4-great drivers stability and support.
5- relativelly better software consule better polished than x-fi consule.
6- great switching feature between headphones and speakers in the sofware.

recon3d cons:-
1-high mids and harsh sound.
2- low quality audio support 48000hz 24bit over headphones
3- low specs 102snr, ( some motherboards in the same price range sports 108snr!! loseless HD audio)
4- less harware workout, most of everything is done on a single chip or on software.
5- price 80$ for the base version and about 200$ for the fatility champion.

titanium HD pros.
1- high quality components and changable oamps.
2- really good sound quality over everything.
3- great support and connectivity for external amps and surround sound systems with rca and digital
5- great gaming and 3D effects, crispy sound even in games.
6-high end specs and full harware support of everything, 192000hz 24bit and 128-118snr.
7-great price for what you get.

titanium HD cons.
1-poor drivers, and frustrating gltches
2- no sofware switching between headphones and speakers, ( you have to disconnet cables behind you case)
3-no support for analogue 5.1
4- no so natural and great 3d sound effects in some games.

so this sum it up for me and I hope this will be of help to those who are in confusion between the two, even though those two card are in two different classes but the average consumer don`t seem to worry about marketing goals.

please forgive me and excuse me for any mistaken in technical information because I am only an average user who doesn`t have much experiance in audio, I simply wanted the best out of those two card, so this comparision was made so people like me could benifit from it since I already have both cards and others wouldn`t have to waste their money on an extra one.

cheers hope this sum it up

You did something very very wrong on your test. STALKER is a game wich uses OpenAL and can use all the processing power of your Titanium HD through Hardware Accelerated audio. You should put on Game Mode and try STALKER again on your X-Fi, i've never played a game that sounded so good.
m
l
!