CINGULAR GSM 64K SIM CARD/SMART CHIP *Newest Version*

13 answers Last reply
More about cingular card smart chip newest version

    I hope this is not a stupid question, but what do you do with this SIM chip?

    Steve

    "?" <?@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5786231862

    do you guys know where the search button is?

    --
    troyboy30

    You put it into your GSM capable phone so it can function. It's kind of like
    the smart card with DirecTV.

    TH

    Steven de Mena wrote:

    > I hope this is not a stupid question, but what do you do with this SIM chip?
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > "?" <?@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5786231862

    How does it function? It's a SIM chip for an ACTIVE account? Who is going
    to pay the bill?

    Steve

    "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rszzz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > do you guys know where the search button is?
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    What does that mean?

    Steve

    that means....look up there at the top of the page and click search!

    second...why would you buy a sim from ebay when you can get them free
    at the store?

    --
    troyboy30

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:22:17 -0500, troyboy30
    <troyboy30.1rurwd@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >that means....look up there at the top of the page and click search!

    You need to learn the difference between Usenet/news groups and a web
    board. This is usenet/news groups. There is no "search" button.
    Just because you're reading on a web board does not mean that the
    majority of people are reading news on a *real* news client not some
    web feed that someone imported.
    - -

    The SIM card is linked to an active account. Whoever is set up with the
    account to pay the bills, will in fact pay the bills or suffer the
    consequences.

    TH

    Steven de Mena wrote:

    > How does it function? It's a SIM chip for an ACTIVE account? Who is going
    > to pay the bill?
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > "Tropical Haven" <email@example.net> wrote in message
    > > You put it into your GSM capable phone so it can function. It's kind of
    > > like
    > > the smart card with DirecTV.
    > >
    > > TH
    > >
    > > Steven de Mena wrote:
    > >
    > >> I hope this is not a stupid question, but what do you do with this SIM
    > >> chip?
    > >>
    > >> Steve
    > >>
    > >> "?" <?@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Yes, my feeling is that SIM is not active and completely worthless. That
    was my point in asking about it.

    Thanks,

    > The SIM card is linked to an active account. Whoever is set up with the
    > account to pay the bills, will in fact pay the bills or suffer the
    > consequences.
    >
    > TH
    >
    > Steven de Mena wrote:
    >
    >> How does it function? It's a SIM chip for an ACTIVE account? Who is
    >> going
    >> to pay the bill?
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>
    >> "Tropical Haven" <email@example.net> wrote in message
    >> > You put it into your GSM capable phone so it can function. It's kind
    >> > of
    >> > like
    >> > the smart card with DirecTV.
    >> >
    >> > TH

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    some people like to have a backup sim! it's not that complicated. I
    myself have 4.

    --
    troyboy30
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rwssy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > some people like to have a backup sim! it's not that complicated. I
    > myself have 4.

    What do you need one for? Is there something shady or illegal people (not
    you of course) use the extra ones for? Just trying to understand.

    Thanks.

    Steve
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    its just like calling into cs. it's ll about talking to the right
    person. I've gotten 3 free sims this month alone. Of course, when you
    add video to the store owners razr you get stuff a little easier! lol

    --
    troyboy30
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Steven de Mena wrote:
    > "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rwssy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>some people like to have a backup sim! it's not that complicated. I
    >>myself have 4.
    >

    > What do you need one for? Is there something shady or illegal people (not
    > you of course) use the extra ones for? Just trying to understand.

    Say your cell phone is lost or stolen. You have have another handset
    handy, but your SIM card was in the stolen/lost handset. You can either
    drive to a Cingular store and likely get charged for a new SIM card, or
    you can pop in a spare that you may have handy, contact Cingular, get
    your account tied to the spare SIM and be on you way.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Cingular Chip GSM SIM Card Internet Service Providers