Cant register account under email used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcefedflesh

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Hello, quite a few weeks now I have not been able to register my account. Everytime I click the register link and enter in my info it says email allready in use wich I used for this email. I entered a contest and what not and wrote my username as my account for the post as in "username" when it asked me then I got this email once again and still cannot register my account what so ever. Wtf is wrong? Can a admin please get back to me...

Btw, I just registered my account under a simmilar email but different host as in hotmail instead of gmail but same username. but I used a diff email for this same username for the contest so idk if I will get screwed...

Here is the exact email allmost modified due to privacy reasons.

Thank you for your participation in Tom's Hardware!

You have less than 48 hours to register with your Username and Email Address.

Username : "username"
Email : "EMAIL*****@gmail.com"

To register, please click on the link below:
http://www.tomshardware.com/membres/#registerForm

If you don't validate your account within 48 hours, your Username and Email Address will be automatically deleted.

Tom's Hardware Team

forcefedflesh

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
So no awnser on this??? Did I get screwed in the contest too cause idk if I was a winner due to pm issues due to diff account email yet same username i used for contest???

Have you not read any of the articles on Hotmail problems in the last few days? Some people are finding their mail being deleted even when they're reading it. I'm sure you'll have a more reliable service from Google Mail.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
This issue has been resolved, to my knowledge. forcefedflesh, if you encounter additional problems relating to this, please send me a private message and I'll walk you through another round of resolution for the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.