Sign in with
Your question

Gaming build

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2012 11:19:49 PM

hi im looking for a good gaming computer build i am building it myself i dont have a budget and i am going to buy THEE best processor currently i am going to use the parts that are listed but i want to know a few things first should i get an intel i7 instead? if i were to answer independently id say amd because it has an 8-core and i want THEE fastest processor (note: this does not mean i want all the best stuff i just want to know what you think is the best thing i could get but not at a seriously expensive price this stuff is already going to cost me 1550$ and i would also like the best websites to buy the parts you suggest or that im possibly getting and i already know of the following: newegg and frys are overpriced compared to my sites like ebay pricewatch and tom's hardware as i said before im most likely getting amd so please give me an amd listing unless you really believe intel is better

NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case
2 Cold Cathode Neon Lights
AMD FX-8150 CPU 8x 3.60GHz/8MB L2 Cache
Liquid CPU Cooling System Fan
8 GB 4 GB X2 DDR3-1600 Memory Module
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB
3-Way SLI ASUS Crosshair V Formula AMD 990FX
Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface
1000 Watt Extreme Gaming Power Supply
2 TB HARD DRIVE 64M Cache 7200rpm 6.0Gb/s
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD R RW CD-R/RW Drive
ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card
Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Cyborg R.A.T. Mouse
Razer Vespula Gaming Mouse Mat
19" LCD 1366x768 -- Sceptre X195W-Naga
15 ft. DVI to DVI Cable
2.1 Channel Stereo Subwoofer Speaker System
ASUS 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter
MS Media Center Remote Control and Receiver
Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard
Killer 2100 Network Gaming Card

More about : gaming build

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 13, 2012 11:25:07 PM

Well , I can see we have a lot of work to do here. I would like to ask you what you intend to use this computer for since you want "the best".
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 13, 2012 11:40:31 PM

We can start with the sound card , the motherboards today come with a sound chip on the board and it is HD sound and is good for almost everything unless you are a professional sound engineer that is doing sound reproduction for your job the onboard is just fine.
The motherboards come with two lan ports built into the MB and the Killer nic can be a lot of work to set up.
The power supply , are you planning two or three way video cards?
The cpu , I know it has 8 cores but the i5-2500k walks all over the bulldozer in gameing and thats not counting the i7-2600k , i72700k and the Sandy Bridge-E Processors. Games will only use 4 cores max so you will have 4 cores sitting there doing nothing.
The video card is a horrible choice if you are going with "the best" , a 560Ti , 570 and 580 are way better choices then that , same goes for the 6850,6870,6950 6970 and the new 7970 from AMD.
Related resources
January 13, 2012 11:50:26 PM

i was going to get 1 video card because id dont need 2 and was planning on a ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card as i said before im getting a 1000w power supply and i dont care about only using 4 cores on games cuz i also do a few other things mainly the reason i want the best is to play wow, tor and some other new and about to come out mmos is there really that much difference btw an gtx 560 2gb and a gtx 560 Ti 2gb??? anyways thanks an i will get a Ti if you say it is way better than a reg 560 especially since this is my first build. but i do know alot about computers
January 13, 2012 11:51:44 PM

and when i sat "THEE best" i only mean best processor but i do want great parts besides that
January 13, 2012 11:52:43 PM

but i want a 3 way sli mobo like the one im getting cuz i might upgrade eventually
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 14, 2012 12:07:08 AM

xtremegamer2da-max said:
and when i sat "THEE best" i only mean best processor but i do want great parts besides that

"Thee best " processor is not the AMD one that you chose and like I said if it is for gameing then the best cpu will be the Sandy Bridge.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
January 14, 2012 12:25:27 AM

xtremegamer2da-max said:
but i want a 3 way sli mobo like the one im getting cuz i might upgrade eventually

The video card that you chose cannot do three way SLI only two way and the same goes for the 560Ti. You have to go up to the 570 and 580 to get three way SLI.
January 14, 2012 12:37:37 AM

if i get a different procer lik an i7 will it be faster than an fx-8150 3.60? and if the 560 cant do 3 sli or ti then ill settle for 2 way also is there anything else i should improve on my list and are there any websites i could get the items cheaper???
!