970A-G46 no display in device manger.

magno_grail

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
It takes at least two minutes to get past the XP logo on boot up with 3.7gHz FX8320, 16 GB memory. Machine boots and runs but moving a window takes 1 second to repaint. Nvidia GTS450 not detected.
Tried running the Nvidia driver install but no Nvidia devices are found. Ran MSI Live on motherboard. Device manager shows Other devices with yellow question, subdevices are Audio device and Video Controller (VGA compatible). Display properties uses default monitor. VgaSave Properties Resources hows I/O Range and Memory range in conflict with PCI-to-PCI bridge.
Any ideas how to get the video card recognized? Thanks.

magno_grail

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Assembly of all new parts, what other specifications are needed? Two 16GB DDR3 memories in slots 2 and 4, 600W power supply, 1Tb hard disk.
First installation of XP Professional service pack 3 using re-installation CD. Motherboard drivers were installed using Live 5 from MSI. Downloaded the latest Nvidia driver from their web site, it did not find any Nvidia devices. Tried their on-line system check program and it did not find any Nvidia devices.

magno_grail

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Yes, the monitor is connected to the Nvidia card and I get the default display. I have not tried Safe mode, I tried Repair but it did nothing to fix the problem, only now wants for me to re-activate windows.

magno_grail

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Appear to have found the video problem. The video device listed under Other Devices is the video card. Brought up the hardware manager, uninstalled the video driver then manually installed telling it I had the disk and directed it to the Nvidia directory. Found the GTS450 there and installed it. The device manager now shows a display device.