screen resolution change

We recently changed from a workgroup to a domain. Ever
since then the screen resolution changes from 1024 x 768
to 1280 x 1024 after a user logs in.

Drivers are updated and I have check the admin settings
but can not seem to find the reason why this happens.
2 answers Last reply
More about screen resolution change

    Inexpert opinion only: do you perhaps have a default profile set up that is
    running at login for every user (because each user gets the default unless
    otherwise specified) that has this resolution set in it? Also, are the
    profiles saved on the server (roaming profile; good for all computers the
    user logs into) or are they stored on each individual computer (local
    profiles, only good for that computer). You might also look to see if you
    have any mandatory profiles set by the administrator (as those cannot be
    changed by the user). Those are just some ideas that may help point you in
    the right direction.

    "Justin VN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We recently changed from a workgroup to a domain. Ever
    > since then the screen resolution changes from 1024 x 768
    > to 1280 x 1024 after a user logs in.
    >
    > Drivers are updated and I have check the admin settings
    > but can not seem to find the reason why this happens.

    Justin--

    You might want to look at this:

    XP User Display Settings V. 2.0
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

    v2.0 - 11/13/2002 - This is a new, rewritten version of the application.
    Resolutions were added and it will now store your preferences for screen
    resolution, refresh rate and color depth.

    This small utility will allow all users on your system to have their own
    screen resolution, and have this setting retained at each logon. This
    application is freeware.

    from Doug Knox's Web Site under Utilities
    http://www.dougknox.com/

    Chad Harris

    "Justin VN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    We recently changed from a workgroup to a domain. Ever
    since then the screen resolution changes from 1024 x 768
    to 1280 x 1024 after a user logs in.

    Drivers are updated and I have check the admin settings
    but can not seem to find the reason why this happens.

Configuration Screen Resolution Microsoft Customization Windows XP