I give up on the P8Z77-V.

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
I have tried three different sets of memory.The last was GSkill 1866 sniper which is on the QVL list and after hours of trying different configs the mobo would not post.Bios is 0801.
I will try to get my money back.In the meantime I would like a reccomendation on another mobo.
ASUS maximus V gene.
Or asus sabertooth.???

I would consider the maximus V formula but I dont think it would fit in NZXT m59.

What are the symptoms with the P8Z77-V? Did it work before?

have you tried booting by pressing the memOK button? that should solve a problem with ram that runs higher than the 1600mhz

if that fails, id get a RMA.

and if you are looking for a new board, id recommend otherwise. the sabertooth is a waste of money given thermal armor means higher mobo temps and having to deal with the 40mm fans. and the fact that it doesnt perform any better doesnt make sense to get one other than to make the rig look cool

the MVG isnt all that practical as well. matx SLi generally means super high temps

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
I was never able to get the board to post.I tried the mem OK on every config tried.I should note that mem led would not come on when I installed a single dimm in slot 3.But it would still not post.And I did press the OK button for that attempt also.And I even lossened the DH-14 at the advise from asus support.
My options are limited to mATX and ATX.Most of the newer enthusiast boards are eATX that I doubt will fit in my case.
I do like the new gigabyte flagship and would possibly but a NZXT Switch for it if the board didnt cost over 350.00

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
I have a 3770K
I made the mistake of buying a used board on ebay.The seller finally contacted me the other day and asked if the warehouse manager contacted me yet which he hasnt.If he does not by monday night I will just have to open a case against them to get my money back as the item is covered with ebay buyer protection.
In the meantime Im just looking for options for another board to get the rebuild up and running.I do not plan to SLI but having the option is a plus for furture upgrades.
And of course Id like a board that will run with the 8Gig kit of sniper memory.
(F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR)