Forcing CD/DVD to use E: automatically

September 10, 2004 12:39:02 AM

Hi,

Anyone know how to force the CD/DVD drive to use a different drive letter
other than the next available? I want to force the CD/DVD to use E: instead
of D: Setting this in the GUI is fine but after SYSPREP for SOE creation it
defaults back to D: I want the change to be permanent even after SYSPREP.
September 10, 2004 7:25:02 AM

"Gordo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know how to force the CD/DVD drive to use a different drive letter
> other than the next available? I want to force the CD/DVD to use E: instead
> of D: Setting this in the GUI is fine but after SYSPREP for SOE creation it
> defaults back to D: I want the change to be permanent even after SYSPREP.

One is a master the other is the slave.Open your system up and change the
pins around(or switches in some cases)
September 14, 2004 11:45:02 PM

Hi,

Thanks, but there is only one device. I do not want it using D Drive at
all. I want to force the operating system to use a drive letter I sepcify
for the single CD or DVD device and to stay that way after SYSPREP has been
performed. I do not want to have to manually set this in Disk Management.

Gordo