Forcing CD/DVD to use E: automatically

Hi,

Anyone know how to force the CD/DVD drive to use a different drive letter
other than the next available? I want to force the CD/DVD to use E: instead
of D: Setting this in the GUI is fine but after SYSPREP for SOE creation it
defaults back to D: I want the change to be permanent even after SYSPREP.
2 answers Last reply
More about forcing automatically

    "Gordo" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone know how to force the CD/DVD drive to use a different drive letter
    > other than the next available? I want to force the CD/DVD to use E: instead
    > of D: Setting this in the GUI is fine but after SYSPREP for SOE creation it
    > defaults back to D: I want the change to be permanent even after SYSPREP.

    One is a master the other is the slave.Open your system up and change the
    pins around(or switches in some cases)

    Hi,

    Thanks, but there is only one device. I do not want it using D Drive at
    all. I want to force the operating system to use a drive letter I sepcify
    for the single CD or DVD device and to stay that way after SYSPREP has been
    performed. I do not want to have to manually set this in Disk Management.

    Gordo

    "MAP" wrote:

    > "Gordo" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Anyone know how to force the CD/DVD drive to use a different drive letter
    > > other than the next available? I want to force the CD/DVD to use E: instead
    > > of D: Setting this in the GUI is fine but after SYSPREP for SOE creation it
    > > defaults back to D: I want the change to be permanent even after SYSPREP.
    >
    > One is a master the other is the slave.Open your system up and change the
    > pins around(or switches in some cases)

Configuration DVD CD-Rom Customization Windows XP