Ivy Bridge i7 3770k Newegg low supply on release date?

destroyer432

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Okay so i have been waiting forever for April 29th which is when the new Ivy Bridge I7 3770k releases. I was just wondering if it is expected to have a low supply of them on that day? Also, what time do you think they will appear on Newegg's website available for purchase? Do you think they will be as hard to get as the Nvidia Gtx 680's?

Difficult to say...

I don't really expect the demand for Ivy Bridge CPUs to be very high since overall it only outperforms Sandy Bridge CPUs by a small margin. Therefore, most people who already have a Sandy Bridge CPU will likely not upgrade. I have not heard of any production issues, but then again the vast majority of the initial shipment of IB CPUs will be going to system builders like Dell and HP.

Haswell will be a different story since it is a totally new architecture that is going to be released in March 2013 (unless there are delays). I intend on staying out of the feeding frenzy and upgrade to Haswell in mid 2013.

destroyer432

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

If you were eagerly waiting to order the Ivy Bridge CPU (like me) what time do you think you would check Newegg to see if they have them?

Midnight EDT;

As for low supply on release date?
Even if the supply is 'high' but the demand is still higher - it has the same effect.
They'll run out before everyone that wants one gets theirs.
Be sure to check for alternate sources of supply.

TRENDING THREADS