Sign in with
Your question

Constant BSOD :( Easy fix?!

Last response: in CPUs
April 26, 2012 10:56:40 PM

Hey guys. My computer has always gotten a few random BSODs, but nothing ever constant like this. Every time I try to log onto my computer, I get a x0000124 error. The computer does start in safe mode, however it is useless in normal mode. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a fix for this. If it runs completely perfect in safe mode, would that mean that it is only a software problem? I had not installed anything new when this first started, so I am suprised why it just randomly began.

Specs:
Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
Gigabyte P67 UD4-B3
Bios: Award Modular Bios v6.00 PG
Hawk Radeon 5770 Video Card

Driver used the most: M Audio Profire driver

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start in order to figure out what the problem is? I have tried msconfig with selective startup, unchecked load startup items, and then disabled all non microsoft services, but that has not helped. I also tried uninstalling my sound drivers to see if they were conflicting with the m audio, but this did not help..

If you want me to post the dump files, just tell me how and I will do it right away. Thank you SO much for your help I really do appreciate it. This has been nagging me for weeks and I have not been able to record anything :( 

More about : constant bsod easy fix

April 27, 2012 12:29:47 AM

Please does anyone have any ideas? :( 

I think the video driver may be to blame, but when I went to just regular VGA video and uninstalled the drivers for msi, it still froze!
a b à CPUs
April 27, 2012 1:11:43 AM

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

AVG anti-virus has been known to cause this problem, try running memtest86 for at least three passes to check your memory.
If the above does not help then try disabling individual hardware drivers such as the video, sound, network etc until you no longer get the blue screens.
!