Just about to purchase a Canon 350d

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 12, 2005 3:32:09 PM

Hi All,

I currently have a Fuji S602 and an "just" about to purchase the 350d with
the 18-55m lens. If I could ask a few questions?

1. I'm looking at the Hitachi Microdrive 2GB or the Sandisk 1GB. Whats the
diffence between the Utra II and the extreme III sandisks? And which is
going to be the best option for reliability and speed of storage as I
understand the Canon can buffer 14 frames where the fuji buffered 5.

2. I'm looking at doing some timelapse photography (bulb setting?). Is
there a cable release which I can lock the shutter open and return later and
close the shutter?

Thanks in advance

Mike

More about : purchase canon 350d

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:51:31 AM

> 1. I'm looking at the Hitachi Microdrive 2GB or the Sandisk 1GB. Whats
> the diffence between the Utra II and the extreme III sandisks? And which
> is going to be the best option for reliability and speed of storage as I
> understand the Canon can buffer 14 frames where the fuji buffered 5.

In your 350D ? the same. the max throughput of your cam can't even fully
utilise the full speed of the Ultra II.

> 2. I'm looking at doing some timelapse photography (bulb setting?). Is
> there a cable release which I can lock the shutter open and return later
> and close the shutter?

I think you can stick those RS-60E or something on your 350D iirc.

=bob=
!