Windows 7 slows down, and programs crash after update.

ubergeek122

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I just downloaded 10 updates 2 days ago on my windows 7 home premium x64 computer, and now, everything is slow. Furthermore, programs such as hamachi crash all the time. Help!

ubergeek122

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Update: Now, most of it is fixed, but after awhile, I will not have any internet even though my computer says the wireless signal is working. Then, if I bring hamachi up from the taskbar, it freezes. When I end it's process, I can't launch programs. It just gives me a loading cursor, and eventually locks up. Is this the update, or hamachi?

I doubt if the problem is caused by the Windows updates. Have you tried disabling your anti-virus or firewall? an update for one of these is much more likely to cause this sort of problem. You should also consider a hardware problem such as a faulty power supply or memory, try downloading and running overnight a memory test program such as memtest86.

ubergeek122

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I am pretty sure it's the update. After awhile, my internet cuts out, then one of my programs connected to the internet will freeze. Then, it gives me a box titled Microsoft Windows, that says: This process is unresponsive, if you wait, it might respond. End process? when I end it, my cursor turns to a loading symbol, and no programs launch. eventually, the entire screen freezes.