ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM POST problem

mangan

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I built a P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 based computer and put all recommended software on it from the ASUS disk. It worked great for about one week. Then it would stop working for no reason at all. I called the company I bought it from and he said remove all of the software supplied by ASUS. Did it and the board improved. Now it will hang at POST. After a minute it might start Windows but slowly. I called the company that sold it to me. He says they never have this problem and I should reload the software to fix it. That would be a little difficult to do and lose licenses but I am on the verge of doing it. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? ( WIN7 - 64bit, 16gb mem, Intel Core i7-3770k @3.5ghz) I have built about 60 computers over the past 35 years so I have to admit I have seen a lot of problems but this one is new to me.

Paul

Solution
You may also find your problem in windows device manager. Look for marks next to devices listed; this means the driver wasn't installed; could be a conflict with one of your devices in your system. My system isn't perfect; explorer sometimes freezes up, but I don't attribute it to asus. I didn't even get the motherboard cd with my board; bought it used. As you can see when you check the cd, asus has it'w own bloatware if you install it all.
I have a similar asus h61 board and just let windows 7 install it's own device drivers; the only one I had to download from asus was the lan device driver. I also used asus suite II program to update the bios, then promptly removed it using windows control panel. With such a high end cpu, I would sell the asus board and get a low end z77 board even if you don't overclock; here's one from msi: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130653

You may also find your problem in windows device manager. Look for marks next to devices listed; this means the driver wasn't installed; could be a conflict with one of your devices in your system. My system isn't perfect; explorer sometimes freezes up, but I don't attribute it to asus. I didn't even get the motherboard cd with my board; bought it used. As you can see when you check the cd, asus has it'w own bloatware if you install it all.

Solution

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
It could be that the PSU is low powered or that there is not enough adequate thermal paste, or too much causing insualtion rather than dissipation.

The Asus software is problemtical for many PC's though.

It doesn't matter whether you have built 60 computers over the past 35 years, those PC's were easy to build back then , they (computers) are more finicky nowadays.

Could you specify the make and model of ram PSU, hdd, other hardware etc..

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61M_LECSM_R20/#specifications

The motherboard is really a micro mini motherboard

mangan

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Thank You for the feedback. You are right...they were easy to build, and I am also thinking that this 450 watt PSU could be the problem. The 5v trigger could be too low to fire off the CPU. I will have to do some digging and check for the ram, hdd and dvd etc as well as the voltages during startup. I will need two sets of eyes for that do I willask my wife to help out tonight when I get back home.
Best Regards,
Paul

mangan

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

-------I Checked for the possibility of conflict. The HP 2553 showed a conflict with itself. So I can eliminate that altogether and stay with the Kodak printer which is a heck of alot better anyhow. Further checks will be made tomorrow when I am wide a wake. Thanks for your suggestions.
Best Regards,
Paul