Sign in with
Your question
Closed

POWERCOLOR HD 5750 1GD DDR5 DRIVER UPDATE REBOOT FREEZE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2011 9:55:07 AM

HI ALL THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AND SORRY ITS LONG WINDED. can anyone help me ive just built my first pc. I have installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and let it update to sp1 and the other updates automatically from windows update centre. .I have powercolor hd 5750 1gb radeon graphic card pcie i didnt get driver disc with it so ive downloaded direct from poworcolor and also i tried from amd,s site once i install the full software and i reboot it gets to the desktop screen and all the icons are missing the toolbar is missing and the mouse cursor arrow is missing. The background picture is there but nothing else. I try cnt alt del and screen goes black if i hit esc background pic comes back but nothing works its all locked up. I have to reboot go to start in safe mode and either roll back driver or unistall driver and then it takes me back to basic avg graphics this works once i restart pc everything is back to normal. The graphic card doesnt show at all once i roll back or dissable driver in device management it just says standard avg graphic adapter. Im pulling my hair out so any help you guys can give would be great. I have tried looking at a few forums on here and online ive even sent poworcolor an email bit no reply yet so im still lost to what is the problem. Again any help would be great guys.
November 16, 2011 11:05:27 AM

pc spec as follows :
ASROCK 870 EXTREME 3 MOTHER BOARD
PHENOM II X2 550
2 GB HYPER X BLU MEMORY
POWERCOLOR RADEON HD 5750 1GB DDR5 GPU PCI-E
700GB HD
DVD R/W DRIVE
CORSAIR CX 430 PSU
CIT VANTAGE GAMING CAE
Score
November 16, 2011 12:48:00 PM

Quick update. windows has just downloaded and installed some upadates and as soon as it starts to reboot it gets to desktop screen and all icons and toolbar have again gone. hope this may help you with any ideas as to how i can cure the problem.
Score
November 17, 2011 4:09:05 PM

Ok guys ive fixed the problem i asked guy i bought the card from and he said that it was picking up a 2nd monitor when it was trying to finalize the installation of software when it was rebooting so i was getting the missing icons,taskbar,mouse cursor so here is what i should of done in the first place. ONLY HAVE VGA ADAPTER CONNECTED WHEN INSTALLING SOFTWARE ( NOT HDMI OR DVI AT THE SAME TIME AS INSTALLING ) THEN CONNECT THE HDMI AFTER REBOOT AND INSTALL.
I feel a right plonker for not knowing that one and hope it helps others if they have this problem. So problem solve it works fine now.
Score
!