Sign in with
Your question

2 displays good for gaming? PLZ HELP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2011 10:25:56 AM

Hi guys i dont know if i get 2 identical displays. will it be good for gaming?

any replies will be greatley appriciated. :bounce: 
a c 126 U Graphics card
November 16, 2011 10:34:51 AM

I use two ACER GD245HQ's, Gaming on two screens would be pointless as you'd have two thick monitor bezels right in the middle giving you a huge blind spot and putting yourself at a disadvantage.

If gaming is your priority then go for 1 or 3 screens.
m
l
November 17, 2011 4:45:10 AM

HOW DID YOU GET YOUR I7 TO 5GHZ?????????????????? ok but how about if u use 2 for now then save up and get another one???
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 17, 2011 6:06:41 AM

You can't play any shooters, or most any game on 2, your crosshairs would be split between the 2 making it horribly impossible to shoot anything. Your basically putting a black line in the center of your screen impairing your vision on any game, only thing that would seem playable to me like that would be RTS games.
m
l
a c 126 U Graphics card
November 17, 2011 6:54:11 AM

a_tractor said:
HOW DID YOU GET YOUR I7 TO 5GHZ?????????????????? ok but how about if u use 2 for now then save up and get another one???

Yeah that would be fine, although if I where you whilst saving for the 3rd monitor I would just game on one monitor.

Got to 5Ghz with ALOT of voltage and custom watercooling. :) 
m
l
November 18, 2011 2:48:22 AM

i like your RIG!!!! i got same gpu x1 only and processor as you. WISH I HAD WATERCOOLING!!!!
m
l
November 18, 2011 3:13:02 AM

I use two monitors while I game. Only one has the actual game on it though, the other one I just had laying around so I use it to display my hardware monitors etc.

I have tried to actually play on two monitors before, just to try it. I definitely do no recommend it. You can't see anything due to the frame of the monitor. It's either three monitors or one.
m
l
November 19, 2011 4:41:27 AM

ok thanks guys do you think spending R2500 is worth it for just displaying hardware monitors and for in windows as i will get another maby middle of next year? i have 1 syncmaster bx2450 with the silver base and hoping to get another 2. should i?
m
l
!