I5 2500k constant 8%-20% load HELP!!

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Alright, I will try to keep this as short as possible. I had my 2500 oc to 4.6ghz and was running a 30 pass max stress test on IBT. When I came home, the pc was off. I turned it back on and messed around a bit. I noticed I had a constant load on core 0 of around 8-20 percent. In performance monitor I see it as a "system interrupt - deferred procedure calls and interrupt service routines" It is at a constant cpu usage. What is worse, is that this is keeping my cpu from downclocking to save on power.

To make matters worse, I tried updating my BIOS in hopes that would solve my problem...nope. P8P67 Pro will not read the bios and says something along the lines of it doesn't match current bios. That seems to be a common problem throughout the google-verse though.

I have re-installed my video driver, sound card driver, chipset, usb 3.0, and even tried unplugged all usb devices.

Is it possible IBT damaged my CPU? Temps were always 80 or below and only for bench marking for stability. I have done everything but wipe my ssd and start fresh. That however is a very long and daunting task, it has also been ineffective for a majority of the people I have read about with this problem.

I am at a complete loss. Please help!

have you tried downloaded the flash file to a usb stick and running it in the bios update screen and not windows??
on the error of the system not slowing down. do you have avast or avg loaded??? it could be that your anti virus or video driver is damaged from the power dropping. before you uninstall anything try booting into safe ode and see if the error still there.

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009

I usually do try to flash through ez flash in the bios. It still tells me it isn't the right bios. (It is) Unfortunately I did try safe mode too, with no luck. I also tried disabling my anti virus/firewall. Is it possible to have caused some type of file corruption on the ssd due to power loss? I just can't imagine basic OCing could cause physical damage, not like I was shooting for 5ghzthe lol. Oh, I have also swapped the memory with my wifes memory. Still no change.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. If it is corrupted files, can I run windows repair on the ssd?

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Success!!! Well...sort of. I hooked up another clean Windows 7 installed HDD into my PC and unhooked all other drives. Formatting sucks..and I would prefer to avoid it. What I saw was that the problem didn't really show itself on the other OS. So...I was prepared to format..blah. I hooked up my ssd and WD Black to see if MAYBE it was a hard drive. Low and behold, the problem is gone. I hook up my other 4 media drives and there it is again. So, I am going to attempt to re-install everything involved with those drives and see where it gets me. What would be the best way to go about that?

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Pure Success!!! The problem ended up being one of the stock sata drivers from Microsoft. I installed Intel RST to replace the drivers and wallah! Problem has resolved itself. Now...how do I choose myself as best answer? lol. JK Hopefully someone comes across this in the future and finds it useful.