P67H2-A2 POST 55 Error

Guiden

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hello, I recently build a new computer using this motherboard and it successfully works overall however I bought 8GB (2X4) of PNY XLR8 Performance Ram at 1600Mhz and I get POST Error 55 on start up with both ram sticks. If I remove one of them however it will boot up normally and everything is good except I am using only half the ram I paid for.

Both ram sticks work as I had them both individually start of the PC and the BIOS is fully updated(as far as I know). Help?

Guiden

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

I tried moving them both into the white slots and then both into the grey slots. I'm not sure if I remember that I put them mixed and matched in white and grey.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

I you clear the cmos, make sure you remember your BIOS settings and whether you use AHCI orIDE mode, or a Raid. Cmos clear is not really necessary only when all else fails.

try he ram, one in Bank a slot 2, and the other in Bank B slot 2. Start the Pc then go to bios and Save and exit.
PS - Always turn off mans power when reseating or adding hardware to the PC, wait for the motherboard light to dim to blank.