Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH motherboard post problem

G

Hello everybody, :hello: I am currently using my Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH motherboard, and i noticed that about one out of 4 windows boot ups it has trouble getting past the post splash screen (the screen where it shows the manufacturer and it tells you to press delete to get to the bios). When my computer boots up properly, the intel stock cpu fan spins up at top speed for about two seconds and then goes down to its normal speed when the splash screen comes up. When the splash screen freezes, the intel cpu never speeds up and just stays at its normal speed. the only way to fix it is to press the power button and turn the computer off and back on. My motherboard also does not show any problems with the debug led display.

All suggestions are welcome :pt1cable:

G

Yes, it is plugged in all the way

BerylLee

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
let us know your cpu model .. mostly they are supported but you will need to check the quality by yourself.
Check socket pins if some of them are bent, or dirty .. and memories should be checked also .. just insert one at a time .. to see any of them is fault ..

G

The CPU is the intel 1155 3770k. Memory might be the problem because it did blue screen once or twice during bootup saying insufficient memory. But they are detected in the bios and in windows.

TRENDING THREADS