jshake

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hello,
First , This was my first build , I am a novice at best. I jumped on the bulldozer bandwagon before reviews of the processor were in. I am sure AMD will work out the bugs in time to come , unwilling to wait a year for piledriver. I have a Asus Sabertooth 990fx motherboard with the 0901 bios. My current cpu is the FX 4100. I purchased a AMD Phenom II X 6 1090t cpu. I know this is going to seem like stupid ? to most , Again I am a beginner. Other than doing complete power down and unplug psu. Clearing cmos by moving jumper , and then replace cpu. Boot into system as normal. Is there anything else that has to be done to get system up and running.
Thank You
jshake

You had the Fx 4100 and you went out and bought another cpu? Microsoft recently added a fix for the AMD Bulldozer saying that this windows fix will help in the performance of that cpu. It was also shown that the Buldozer series was very clearly an overclocked beast and it really showed some muscle when overclocked and it was easy to do so. Can you return the Phenom for a refund and try ro work with the Fx-4100?
Anyway if not then the process that you described is the way to do it.