First PC Build won't Boot. Please help!

mowbr4

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Hey Everyone,

This is my first PC that I am building. I have read as much information as possible and also watched the NewEgg tutorials on building a PC. I did the test outside of the case to make sure everything was working before putting it in the case (CPU, HSF, GPU, RAM, PSU). However, once I connected it to my monitor (See monitor below), it said Please connect cable. I also did not receive a beep and the GPU and HSF kept starting and stopping. What could be the reason? Could I have a faulty Motherboard? I did reset my CMOS

Another thing to note is that when just my CPU, HSF, PSU and RAM are connected I receive NO BEEPS.

When I have everything connected; CPU, HSF, PSU, GPU, RAM I receive No Loud Beeps but I can hear clicking.

Please see my specs below:

CPU: i5-2500k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
RAM - GSkill Rip Jaws 4GBX2
PSU: Antec BP550
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB
Monitor: Samsung SynchMaster E2420

Please let me know.

I have also followed the steps on the FAQ page and Troubleshooting page.

Thanks!

Chances of a bad board are rare; I've never had a brand new board that was bad in twenty plus years of building. the lack of a single beep doesn't mean didly any more; some boards don't come with a built in speaker or won't beep at the post. Reseat the ram and all power supply connections. The clicking could be a bad hardrive. Try posting again without the hardrive or optical drive connected. Also try just the onboard video; you should get it to post without the video card. You can add it later, and be sure the power supply lead is connected when you try it again.

mowbr4

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

Thanks for the reply.

I actually plugged in the "System Speaker" to hear the beeps. When I had just the PSU and HSF connected, I heard a long beep which meant the absence of the RAM. Then once I inserted the RAM I heard no beeps at all (Possibly bad memory). I have went step by step using the "Breadboarding" process to see what the issue is but I can't figure it out. Possibly the RAM? Also, I have not connected a HDD yet.

mowbr4

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

I did this as well :(. Nothing...