In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without the
internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
How can I correct this?
Tia
teresa

Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
the Change button and select Internet Explorer

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without
> the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
> How can I correct this?
> Tia
> teresa

I try that but the icon change to internet explorer program icon, but not to
internet explorer html, htm files... in file types icons under folder
options.

But when I chose open with Internet Explorer it open in browser witout any
problem. But the icon doesn't change :(

Another sugestion?
Thanks for your help anyway
teresa

> Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
> Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
> the Change button and select Internet Explorer
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
>> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without
>> the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
>> How can I correct this?
>> Tia
>> teresa

Hi Wes :)

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
the Change button and select Internet Explorer

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without
> the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
> How can I correct this?
> Tia
> teresa

Hi Ramesh,

As usual, you're way ahead of me. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eHZwhk0lEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wes :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

> Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
> Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
> the Change button and select Internet Explorer
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
>> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without
>> the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
>> How can I correct this?
>> Tia
>> teresa

Incorrect or generic Windows icon displayed for HTM and HTML files:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/htmicon.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"teresa rosas" <trosas@netcabo.pt> wrote in message
In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without the
internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
How can I correct this?
Tia
teresa

>> way ahead of me

Perhaps you're talking about the Time Zone, Wes. I'm in GMT + 5:30
<LOL>
--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Hi Ramesh,

As usual, you're way ahead of me. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:eHZwhk0lEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wes :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

> Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
> Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
> the Change button and select Internet Explorer
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
>> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears without
>> the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
>> How can I correct this?
>> Tia
>> teresa

<LOL> That must've been it, Ramesh!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23Ib7zu0lEHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> way ahead of me
>
> Perhaps you're talking about the Time Zone, Wes. I'm in GMT + 5:30
> <LOL>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> As usual, you're way ahead of me. ;-)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:eHZwhk0lEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> Hi Wes :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

>> Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
>> Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
>> the Change button and select Internet Explorer
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
>>> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears
>>> without the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
>>> How can I correct this?
>>> Tia
>>> teresa

:)

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

<LOL> That must've been it, Ramesh!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23Ib7zu0lEHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> way ahead of me
>
> Perhaps you're talking about the Time Zone, Wes. I'm in GMT + 5:30
> <LOL>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> As usual, you're way ahead of me. ;-)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:eHZwhk0lEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> Hi Wes :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

>> Locate an HTM and/or an HTML file | Right click it |
>> Under Opens with: if Internet Explorer is not listed | Click
>> the Change button and select Internet Explorer
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:e2iBvO0lEHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> teresa rosas <trosas@netcabo.pt> hunted and pecked:
>>> In my file types list the icon for HTML and HTM files apears
>>> without the internet explorer file, is a defaut windows icon.
>>> How can I correct this?
>>> Tia
>>> teresa