Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SLI from two different cards (same model)?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2011 7:16:48 PM

So, I purchased the OEM Nvidia 560ti video card at best buy (Nvidia brand) and was wondering if I can set this up with SLI from a different discrete card (Asus, MSI, etc., same model of course)? Will there be any compatibility issues to be concerned with?

for example, I currently have this card installed and would like to link via SLI to this card. Any known compatibility issues?

More about : sli cards model

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
November 16, 2011 7:31:10 PM

As long as they are both 560 TI's then no issue with any brand just remember the slower of the two cards will be what they both run at speed wise.

T
November 16, 2011 7:50:58 PM

Thanks T.

Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2011 7:57:44 PM

I did this. I bought a PNY card from BB. They stopped carrying it so I got the same from EVGA for sli. The PNY isn't reference design, but both run the stock clocks for the model. It looked kinda wonky having 2 cards in sli with different lengths as well as brands. It didn't create any issues for me. One of the cards overclocks a whole lot better than the other so that's really the only thing I missed out on, by having them both run at the same slower speed.

I didn't have any gap between the two cards, so I put the one that on its own ran the coolest in the top slot, as it would normally run 10-12 degrees warmer, but still well within the limits.

You should be fine.
Score
November 23, 2011 1:27:09 PM

Best answer selected by schnydz.
Score
!