Solved

Incoming price drops?

I need to do a new system build soon, but I'm wondering, since the 3k series of intel chips is just coming out, when( or if) can we expect a price drop on the 2k chips?

Same question for GPU's, with the launch of the 680, and more of the 600 series coming, when/if can we expect a price drop on the 500 series?

Just wondering if I should get by with my old laptop for a few months to save money, or just go ahead and build a tower now.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about incoming price drops
  1. Best answer
    Generally there will not be a price drop, consider how Core2 sold at the same price despite becoming a dead socket, the price on sandybridge will stay the same, but stocks will become limited until the point it is phased out.
  2. so, the 3k chips will cost less than the 2k??? because the 3rd gen i7 is priced lower...

Dry
  3. I've noticed that newegg has a i7 2600k for a mail in rebate, maybe that's how they will do it

Dry
  4. NCIX Canada has put the 2700k on sale by $80 less than their regular price down to $299 CDN until may 2nd. Though they haven't changed their 2600k pricing... odd.
  5. sarinaide said:
    Generally there will not be a price drop, consider how Core2 sold at the same price despite becoming a dead socket, the price on sandybridge will stay the same, but stocks will become limited until the point it is phased out.

Ok that's what I wanted to know, thanks.
  6. Best answer selected by bells101.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Build Product