problems With Logitech combo

mig1619

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Since I Formatted my PC I'm having problems with my keyboard and mouse. After I formatted my pc i'm having Issues with my cordless desktop LX700 mouse and keyboard combo. Every time I turn on my PC I have to disconnect and connect the keyboard to be recognized. I installed the new drivers from Logitech and nothing happen. If i don’t use the Logitech drivers i don’t have this problem but i won’t be able to use the short cuts buttons on my keyboard and i will not have the battery meter and other tools for the combo. Do you have any Ideas to what could I do to fix this?
Thanks in advance

BIOS may have a setting for recognizing a usb mouse. Check your BIOS settings and enable it if it's there.

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
Get the latest drivers from logitech and probably a BIOS update would help. Have you installed all the chipset drivers correctly after reinstall?

mig1619

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Every USB setting in the bios is enable, the Bios it’s the latest update, the chipset drivers are the latest and are installed, and the Logitech drivers are the latest to. I still getting the same problem.

mig1619

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I don’t have another keyboard and mouse to test but I don’t have any problems with my USB game pad (Logitech by the way) or any other USB device for that matter.

mig1619

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I have to check with my friends to see is its work. But the thing is that before I reformatted my system the keyboard and mouse were fine.

stellagazza

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2007
Had the same problem with a MX3200 setup. Phoned Logitech and after trying the safe reinstall after disabling everything in the msconfig startup, still did not work.
Phoned back(and now the fun part), they suggested(big breath) "edit the registry(after saving a copy of course) as follows;
goto

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CURRENTCONTROLSET/ENUM/USB

and delete ALL Vid_ entries

REBOOT."

Plugged the receiver directly into the back of the comp(not using the extension and make sure you have a spare non wireless keyboard plugged in otherwise no kboard use) and after thinking about it a bit it worked again.

Bit long winded but hope this helps