Sign in with
Your question

No ratings on TH article comments...?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
December 27, 2010 8:19:45 PM

Hello, I recently observed that there are no ratings on the comments in Tom's articles anymore (eg thumbs up's). Did I miss something? Why are all the comments neutral, in that no thumbs up or thumbs down, the feature to rate is still there but nobody is rating comments anymore :(  I miss seeing thumbs up's on comments. Anyone else noticed?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum
December 27, 2010 10:29:10 PM

I just noticed that too. Strangely enough, the ratings do appear to be having an effect in the forum thread that holds the comments, and hidden posts (rating of -5 or lower) are actually hidden. There just seems to be a problem with pulling the ratings from the database.
December 27, 2010 11:46:49 PM

Ahh I see. Hope it is fixed soon, been like this for long enough imo. I just miss seeing 20 thumbs up for a witty comment :p 
Related resources
December 28, 2010 7:03:40 AM

I believe that it has something to do with a recent update to the site. The devs should be aware of it, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
December 28, 2010 1:12:55 PM

It's being worked on. It's been broken for a week or two now.
December 28, 2010 5:48:42 PM

Ok, thanks very much.
January 17, 2011 11:42:54 AM

Glad it wasn't just me!

So when I thumb down some idiot, it's still being stored somewhere, we just can't see it.

8)
January 17, 2011 8:41:21 PM

Its been quite some time now since the ratings have been down, i'm no expert but seems like something rather easy to fix, might be wrong there, but its been such a long time. Does anyone have any information as to whats going on?
January 18, 2011 12:16:55 AM

It's not going to be fixed. All development efforts are focussed on a complete site overhaul and only critical problems with the current software will be corrected now.
January 18, 2011 5:46:27 PM

Do you know how soon we can start seeing this "overhaul" take effect?
January 19, 2011 12:39:57 AM

Unfortunately I can't give a timeframe. It's getting there but hasn't undergone thorough beta testing to bash out all the bugs yet.
January 19, 2011 4:04:33 AM

randomizer said:
Unfortunately I can't give a timeframe. It's getting there but hasn't undergone thorough beta testing to bash out all the bugs yet.

Something it shares with Microsoft Windows Vista! :D  :D 
!