start menu

when I go to start-programs the list that open up do not
show all my programs. I'm using the classic start menu.
Is there anyway to make the area larger so I can see all
my programs? If I use the other start menu I get a little
more space, but i don't like the way it looks when you go
to start.

Right click Start button
Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
Then open the Programs folder.
Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
OR
You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
column.
Right-click the Start button
Go to Properties
Click the Customize button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
Check that and hit OK.

"jct883" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I go to start-programs the list that open up do not
> show all my programs. I'm using the classic start menu.
> Is there anyway to make the area larger so I can see all
> my programs? If I use the other start menu I get a little
> more space, but i don't like the way it looks when you go
> to start.

Saw you post. I was looking to do a similar thing. I wanted all my programs
/ files to display on screen. Placing shortcuts on the start menu in classic
mode meant, after ten or so, any more were hidden. You have to move the
mouse overt the arrow to scroll up/down. I wanted all the shortcuts to
display at once, rather than this scroll.

show. That's too many clicks.

What i've done is, created a folder.
Placed all my files / shortcuts I want, displayed in it.
Created a shortcut to this folder.
Right clicked the shortcut folder, and selected / properties/ shortcut/
shortcut key.
Pressed ctr alt and one key of your choosing, I chose crt + alt + \

So, when you want to start a program / file, it's ( ctrl / alt / \ ). Folder
opens completely, and you pick what you want. Under view you can organise
the icons, or have them list under a,b,c, etc. I'm having
Graphics-utilities-dvd, so might either add G for Graphics to the start of
every graphics name ( G Photoshop ), utilities ( U - Calculator ) etc, or
jst arrange them together.

Just to add, to make it work properly, you need the shortcut folder on your
desktop. It doesn't seem to work if the shortcut folder is anywhere else.