New rig graphics card

new rig as it currently sits on my wish list on new egg
asus p8z68 deluxe gen 3 mobo
intel core i7-2600k cpu
g.skill 16GB DDR3 1600 (4x4GB) RAM
WD 2TB 7200RPM 6gb/s sata HDD
evga geforce GTX 580 classified edition 3gb gddr5 vid card
creative fatality championship edition sound card
coolermaster HAF X case (2 extra case fans)
cooler master silent pro gold 1000w or corsair AX850 (850w) haven't decided yet thats on another forum
planning on a bumped up cpu cooler but can't decide on one yet

So I'm looking at the 580 classified seems to be very good bang for the buck and I could add a 2nd one if I wanted to get real crazy (don't know what game would really utilize it at this point) but considering teh 590 as well though I worry about cooling issues with it. Money is essentially no object but at the same time if I spend an extra $100-$200 I want the bang to be worth the buck. Thoughts?
2 dvd combo drives
1 blu ray combo drive
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card
  1. Resolution please
  2. If you're looking for bang for the buck, you're much better off with 2x6970, as they'll perform similarly to 2x580. Or 2x570 for slightly less performance with $300 savings. If you're looking for the ultimate graphics rig, get 3x6970. It will smoke 2x580 for the same price.

The three optical drives is just plain senseless. I think I use mine like once every 3 months and I can't imagine anyone using 3 at once.
  3. 1920x1200 on primary monitor (I game at that)
    and 1920x1080 on 2nd monitor (i watch movies or listen to music)

3 optical drives is just so I can watch blu-ray movies on 2nd monitor while I game and so I can burn drive to drive (I don't use them that often but they don't take much load so no big deal)

Also I'm a nVidia fanboy I have been since they bought out 3dfx back in the day (loved 3dfx before that heh)
  4. Best answer
    That's fine, but may not always be inline with "bang for the buck".

You really do all that crap WHILE you're gaming?
  5. Yes indeedy otherwise I get bored. music while playing BF BC2 or MW2 or other FPS games and movies while I do stuff like play WoW, otherwise I get mad bored video games are easy nowadays even on hardest difficulty. i guess I'm used to ovestimulation and multi-tasking.
  6. Best answer selected by jerusalem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics