SOCOM 3 Beta

T. Turner wrote:
> Anyone else get in?

Aye, got it around noon today.

I'm in!

Anyone here from the old AGVSPS2 clan get in??

"T. Turner" <ty@edswax.com> wrote in message
> Anyone else get in?

After I got home and grabbed something to eat I checked my email...I am
in!!! Glad to get to test this one out...it will help me to make up my mind
between it and Battlefield:Modern Combat as to which one I will spend my
online gaming time with later this year when they arrive.

"Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm in!
>
> Anyone here from the old AGVSPS2 clan get in??

See my other reply...

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm in!
>>
>> Anyone here from the old AGVSPS2 clan get in??
>
> See my other reply...

Sweet, good to hear Massive!!

Anyone else.

ps - i played the beta for Battlefield:Modern Combat, and i wasnt impressed
at all. It was too slow, too wide spread. And no mics as far as i could tell

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm in!
>>>
>>> Anyone here from the old AGVSPS2 clan get in??
>>
>> See my other reply...
>
> Sweet, good to hear Massive!!
>
> Anyone else.
>
> ps - i played the beta for Battlefield:Modern Combat, and i wasnt
> impressed at all. It was too slow, too wide spread. And no mics as far as
> i could tell

I really liked BF:MC. I liked how wide open it was, which made the vehicles
really useful and part of ones tactics. Not sure what you mean by too
slow?!? You mean due to the spread out large enviroments? I had no problem
with it and could generally always find something to hitch a ride on/in to
get to where the action might be.

The "beta" which was actually an alpha was very impressive IMO. To be
running that on the PS2, I experienced very little lag. The huge enviroments
and all the vehicles, that many players in a game, to me it was quite
impressive. I don't like to game on the PC so to be able to play this game
on a console (or rather a Battlefield game) for me was quite enjoyable. The
mic issue was a downer but I would think that they will have that
straightened out for the final version...not overly concerned about that. I
will DEFINITELY be able to make up my mind though with being in this beta
test for SOCOM3 as to which game I will purchase and give my limited online
gaming time to. After playing the BF:MC beta I was definitely leaning more
towards it as my game of choice. SOCOM3 now will get its chance to impress
me and change that.

> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> See my other reply...
>>
>> Sweet, good to hear Massive!!
>>
>> Anyone else.
>>
>> ps - i played the beta for Battlefield:Modern Combat, and i wasnt
>> impressed at all. It was too slow, too wide spread. And no mics as far as
>> i could tell
>
> I really liked BF:MC. I liked how wide open it was, which made the
> vehicles really useful and part of ones tactics. Not sure what you mean by
> too slow?!? You mean due to the spread out large enviroments? I had no
> problem with it and could generally always find something to hitch a ride
> on/in to get to where the action might be.
>
> The "beta" which was actually an alpha was very impressive IMO. To be
> running that on the PS2, I experienced very little lag. The huge
> enviroments and all the vehicles, that many players in a game, to me it
> was quite impressive. I don't like to game on the PC so to be able to play
> this game on a console (or rather a Battlefield game) for me was quite
> enjoyable. The mic issue was a downer but I would think that they will
> have that straightened out for the final version...not overly concerned
> about that. I will DEFINITELY be able to make up my mind though with being
> in this beta test for SOCOM3 as to which game I will purchase and give my
> limited online gaming time to. After playing the BF:MC beta I was
> definitely leaning more towards it as my game of choice. SOCOM3 now will
> get its chance to impress me and change that.

Well i'm glad that you've gotten the chance... otherwise you'd have to wait
and rent both or something. BF:MC was OK in my eyes. yeah the numbers are
impressive, but how many people where really on there? 10,000 like socom 3's
beta will be? I see your points, and i'd say beyond all that the only other
stink i can make is about the weapon selection. I really hate packages.
Anyhow, that's that. If BF:MC does turn out to be good, who knows maybe i'll
get both.

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

>>> Sweet, good to hear Massive!!
>>>
>>> Anyone else.
>>>
>>> ps - i played the beta for Battlefield:Modern Combat, and i wasnt
>>> impressed at all. It was too slow, too wide spread. And no mics as far
>>> as i could tell
>>
>> I really liked BF:MC. I liked how wide open it was, which made the
>> vehicles really useful and part of ones tactics. Not sure what you mean
>> by too slow?!? You mean due to the spread out large enviroments? I had no
>> problem with it and could generally always find something to hitch a ride
>> on/in to get to where the action might be.
>>
>> The "beta" which was actually an alpha was very impressive IMO. To be
>> running that on the PS2, I experienced very little lag. The huge
>> enviroments and all the vehicles, that many players in a game, to me it
>> was quite impressive. I don't like to game on the PC so to be able to
>> play this game on a console (or rather a Battlefield game) for me was
>> quite enjoyable. The mic issue was a downer but I would think that they
>> will have that straightened out for the final version...not overly
>> concerned about that. I will DEFINITELY be able to make up my mind though
>> with being in this beta test for SOCOM3 as to which game I will purchase
>> and give my limited online gaming time to. After playing the BF:MC beta I
>> was definitely leaning more towards it as my game of choice. SOCOM3 now
>> will get its chance to impress me and change that.
>
> Well i'm glad that you've gotten the chance... otherwise you'd have to
> wait and rent both or something.

Either rent them or check them out at one of my friends, one of them
will/would buy both when they come out anyway...

>BF:MC was OK in my eyes. yeah the numbers are impressive, but how many
>people where really on there? 10,000 like socom 3's beta will be?

No, I doubt it was quite those numbers. May have been though for all I know,
but I would likely think somewhat less than that...

>I see your points, and i'd say beyond all that the only other stink i can
>make is about the weapon selection. I really hate packages. Anyhow, that's
>that. If BF:MC does turn out to be good, who knows maybe i'll get both.

Weapon packages don't bother me that much, generally you can find one that
you REALLY like and another one or two that you can get by with or
something...

IN.

::TITAN::

"Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm in!
>>>
>>> Anyone here from the old AGVSPS2 clan get in??
>>
>> See my other reply...
>
> Sweet, good to hear Massive!!
>
> Anyone else.
>
> ps - i played the beta for Battlefield:Modern Combat, and i wasnt
> impressed at all. It was too slow, too wide spread. And no mics as far as
> i could tell
>

>>> "VJF" <noip@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

Finally got a confirmation email today, supposed drop date of August 9th...
Looking forward to this one...I really hope we get some better maps out of
SOCOM3. SOCOM2 maps were okay but got stale on me fairly quick, moreso than
SOCOM1 did.