I will pay! please just help!

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I have been having this problem for such a long time now and have tried everything in my arsenal to fix it, and I have had no success.

Here is my build:
Amd 1090t 3.2 ghz @ 1.35v (The stock voltage was 1.45v!)
1tb samsung @ 7200 RPM
8gb kingston ram @1333 mhz?
Hd 6950 asus graphics card
Air cooling thermal take silver arrow 2

Now there are two problems first one is that I could never get past 10 minutes of prime95 so I turned the cpu voltage down from 4.5 to 3.250, I can no go to 1 hour of prime 95 and then boom the pc shuts down. I know this isn't a temperature issue because I can immediately turn the computer back on and I haven't overclocked or anything either.

This is a huge issue for me as I am a 3d artist and have to model and render quite allot and rendering is pretty much like prime95!

2nd problem is what hurts me the most, When I play a game for example skyrim, or crysis and I look around with the camera, the game jitters! bad! Once I have looked around my frame rate is like up to 60fps on crysis max settings or even skyrim max settings and the jitter stops (yes I have tried both games on the lowest settings but same problem presists.)

I need major help in this issue I'm ready to pay if someone can help me through skype or even on here aslong as my issue is solved!

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
First of all, prime failing could also be an issue with ram.
Go to your BIOS and load the defaults. Set the exact values on the ram that the manufacturer suggests.
Run memtest for some hours and report back.

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I'm sorry I meant 1.45 and 1.35! I just reduced it to 1.125 lets see what that does thanks allot for the reply guys! im actually going to pay if this *** works! no im not rich im quite a broke student >.>

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Oh and Moto If I set bios back to defaults it boosts the cpu voltage upto 1.45 and ram on auto.... what is the recomended voltage for working at lets say 3.2ghz on a 1090t 6 core processor?

My Tx850v2 overvolts my chip, 975be, I just set it manually to 1.125v and Cpu-z/hw monitor report about 1.3v,
usual amd limit is 1.55 ish so absolutely no higher unless you have some serious cooling, i.e LN2 or space :p,
ram should say on it what the requirement is but 1.5v as a guideline
Moto

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Its not asus its some shity asrock motherboard, remember I orderd this build over the phone I told them the main compnents such as graphics card, processor ram etc so the rest they filled in.

also for your information I have a 500w crosair psu

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Also moto I just set the voltage to 1.3 and prime 95 has been running for 30 minutes now @ 45 degrees and its crawling up slowly.... also any ideas on my game stuttering problem?

Which AsRock? I use them and love them hehe,
AsRock are Asus btw you know? :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASRock,
another idea is check the drivers etc are all up to date, especially the gfx,
*Edit, bit of testing at 45' temps, not too bad man, :)
I prefer real world evidence though to P95 etc, I'm never going to be pushing 100% usage on it, I just want my games to play well lol
Moto

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Problem is when Im redering 3d work sadly it uses 100% on all 6 core processors and its a mini asrock motherboard I cant seem to find the model number as it is hidden under my giant silver arrow heatsink xD and yes the drivers are all up to date unlesss they released some individual patches for games?

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Did you try updating your bios? Make sure you got the latest bios update as in many instances things like that get corrected.
I still would stick to bios defaults, especially if we are talking about matx boards. Those usually don't come with enough horsepower to overclock and in some cases it is hard for them to sustain more than 4 cores. Nevertheless you should update your bios, run defaults on vcore and speeds and set your ram manually to what the manufacturer indicates.
If that doesn't work, please run memtest for at least 4-8 hours.
Another thing, how many dimms is your ram? I have had a matx board malfunction on the 4th bank of ram while if it wasn't covered everything would run smoothly.
Test all that and report back.

New games often have glitches and Nvid/Ati release hotfixes to address them, Crysis is a heavy game anyway and often requires some lowering here and there on the settings to get an acceptable level of graphics/play,
Cpu-z will tell you your Mobo model, available as a free D/L from CNet and similar good sites.
Moto

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Oh and btw, to determine which parts you got, run everest or aida64 or whatever they call it these days. Get parts models and don't worry, we will fix this if it can be fixed. As for the money, please, this is not what we are here for.

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
What is a dimms? also it is the latest bios version and I have tried various times to run tests on default but they fail within 15 minute. I just previously ran a p95 test consisting of 1.3 volt to the processor and it lasted 1 hour than boom pc shutdown also not the temperature was at 48 at this point... and is mem test a software?

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
dimm is the stick of ram. usually you have them in pairs so most probably either 2 banks will be covered or 4. most matx boards only had 2 for a long while.
And that's the thing, if your system fails on defaults then there is something wrong with it. lowering vcore will only make it more unstable.
memtest86 is a software to test your ram. You download the dos version of it and burn it on a cd (it is freeware too). boot up from cdrom and tests start. usually memtest indicates faults on tests 5 and 7 but i suggest you leave it running on all 8 tests overnight (8-10 hours). Even a single failed test indicates there is either something wrong with your ram sticks or a compatibility issue between ram and mobo.
so yeah, get us the name of the motherboard and we start there.

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Thankyou so much for your freindly attitude :) ok my motherboard model is ASRock N69-GS3 UCC also I might have fixed my graphics issue!! I uninstalled all the drivers and software and windows auto installed them somehow and so far no stuter is happening but I no longer have the latest driver version and nor do I have amd catalyst control anymore.... should I install them ?

No, see how you get on with some testing first,
it may be that the latest driver IS the problem,
run a couple of prime95 if you want, but I would say play Crysis and Skyrim as you 'normally' do, and keep an eye for glitches, you may be in the clear already, no need to alter things until you know its still an issue
Moto

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
OK it seems the jlitter is gone! but the fps is a bit lower than when I had the latest drivers....so Im not sure what made the jlitter with the new drivers o_O

vx53c

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
ok from a look i had at asrock site, they dont have any n69 but they do have the n68-gs3 ucc so i am guessing it was just a typo.
Have a look here at the cpu support:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=N68-GS3%20UCC
Immediately we can nail down the issue! Your cpu is 125w thermal design while your motherboard is a mere 95watt power support.
You got two options. Change the mobo or change the cpu. Frankly the mobo is too weak to keep, i suggest any board with SB of 710 or higher and it will cost you roughly 70$. Make doubly sure it is going to fit in your rig and that it supports your processor. If you can get one with 140watt of thermal design it would be perfect. IMO you shouldn't worry about the memory modules at this point as this is clearly a mobo-cpu problem.