Another GTX 560 Ti or better single slot GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VindicatoR

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I've recently purchased my system and I'm fairly content with it at this stage, but I was starting to wonder if I should invest in another GPU for Sli or rather get a 570/580 instead for future proofing?

My Current Specs:
i5 2500k
P67A-GD65 (B3)
2 x 4Gb 1333Mhz
Cougar 700w PSU
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC @ 1920x1080

I quickly tested running Sli for the first time yesterday with a Inno3d GTX 560 Ti and in games like BF3 and Skyrim, the increase wasn't all that noticeable and still had some "stuttering" on Ultra in BF3.

I haven't really done any benchmarks with the setup and just played a bit and swapped it out again, is there any benchmark application I could use that would give me a fairly accurate indication of what my gameplay experience would be like?

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated.

Solution
I hear a lot of good and bad about the 560ti in SLI, I'll just toss out my 2 cents, mine are great. I have not noticed any of "stuttering" problems I hear about. This build is one of the best I have ever had, it's amazingly fast and completely smooth, and yes, depending on what game you are playing, and how high you turn up the settings, the 560ti's in SLI can make a huge difference.
I do have my 2600K clocked to 4.4ghz I am sure that helps some.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
The issue with mocro stuttering is minimal with the GTX 560 ti (or GTX 470) unless you are maxing out AA. If you have no set budget a GTX 580 SLI setup of a dual ASUS Mars II would be the ultimate gaming solution (never mind the price of $3000).

I hear a lot of good and bad about the 560ti in SLI, I'll just toss out my 2 cents, mine are great. I have not noticed any of "stuttering" problems I hear about. This build is one of the best I have ever had, it's amazingly fast and completely smooth, and yes, depending on what game you are playing, and how high you turn up the settings, the 560ti's in SLI can make a huge difference.
I do have my 2600K clocked to 4.4ghz I am sure that helps some.

Solution

VindicatoR

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for the feedback, yea my 2500k is running at 4.3ghz.

I will be testing sli again with an identical card tommorow so hopefully will be able to do some more testing.

Now another thing came up, there is a local special for a PoV 2Gb 560 Ti for less than what I paid for mine originally.

Does a 2Gb and 1Gb card sli together(thinking it won't) or is there some restriction regarding that?

#Edit: Ah I read that the 2Gb will just run as 1Gb in the sli/mirrored setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.