Poor FPS on World of Warcraft - high end machine

0li4tw

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Hi Folks,

I've had a look through alot of posts and i'm still having an irrtating issue with WoW. I'm getting ridiculous...sometimes 4fps on world of warcraft (no matter what I set the graphics to).

My PC will run Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, Skyrim etc.. on Ultra absolutely fine. Graphics drivers are up to date - i've also tried older drivers. I've read threads about 3rd party hardware control tools causing problems and so uninstalled them to no avail.

Specs are:

Intel i5 760 @ 3.1ghz (slight OC)
6gb DDR3 Memory
EVGA GTX580 1.5gb
Earthwatts 700w psu

Windows 7 x64 Professional

If anyone could help me with this problem I would be so grateful!

Many Thanks in advance!
Oli

0li4tw

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
Anywhere between 50 - 200ms (i'm playing on Molton servers). This is the same as it has always been and never had fps problems previously running the same machine only with a 9800GTX+.

Thanks for your reply

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
Have you tried a re-install of WoW? If the other games are functioning well, then it is an indication that something went wrong with the installation of this game.

Another question: did WoW ever perform well with your hardware? If it performed well on initial install and has deteriorated, it may be that a "after-installed," app has effected the performance of WoW. If WoW has always performed crappily then it was probably the initial installation that was/is defective.

0li4tw

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

The problem occured when I installed the GTX580 into my system. I got solid 60fps on my 9800GTX+ but it wasn't cut out for the newer dx11 games :( . I've tried reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks for your reply

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sounds like a part of the driver installation for the new card crapped out on some part of a Windows component (something like .net 3.5), which the newer games do not use. Might want to look into what components are included in the latest drivers and see if that might be the case.

-Wolf sends