Pc screen goes black and then computer shuts down

vanillakay

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
this happened quit few times over the past month and a half. suddenly my laptop screen will go black and then few seconds later everything shuts down, but power button will stilll be on and when i turn it back on it says its locked.

I tried booting it up in "safe mode with networking" and the screen oynl flashed black a few times (for some reason only when iw as typing) but it didnt shut down as before. what does this mean?

note: I plugged my old desktop monitor up tp my laptop to see if monitor was the issue but my desktop screen went black at same tiem as my laptop so im assumimg its hardware mybe?

I have a dell inspiron 1525

Bad screen, bad invertor (my choice), lid close sensor stuck.
Very common fault, send it back for repair.
Dell will Lie, cheat and stall, but in the end they know they are wrong.

When you buy something you get a one year warranty from the manufacturer that is voluntarily given, this is known as a commercial warranty. You also get a legal warranty that is different for different countries, for example, in the Netherlands it is 2 years but in the UK it is 6 years! This is the warranty that you use after the manufacturers warranty (the one quoted to you by the stores) has run out after a year.

Remember that as a supplier, any warranty you offer is in addition to your statutory responsibilities under the Sale of Goods Act. A supplier cannot, for instance, refuse to deal with a customer’s complaint about a faulty product simply on the grounds that the warranty on the product has expired.

In law, a supplier is still liable for any breach of contract – for example, if the goods are not fit for their purpose, or of satisfactory quality – for a period of up to six years (five years from the date the problem arises, in Scotland).

Although I'm no lawyer, a screen going say after 13 months falls under above.

vanillakay

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012

I downlaoded Hmonitor to check pc temps. but im tno sure what numbers mean and what temp is good or bad?