Reinstalling ubs drivers?

rolandftw

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
not sure if this is the right place to put this...
but i'm trying to solve a usb port problem on my mouse by uninstalling some things on the universal serial bus controller tab in the device manager. i heard that after i restart the computer will reinstall the driver...
so which one of these do i uninstall?

-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Hub
-Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Hub
-Generic USB Hub
-Generic USB Hub
-Intel (R) 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D
-Intel (R) 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26
-USB Composite Device
-USB Composite Device
-USB Composite Device
-USB Composite Device
-USB Root Hub
-USB Root Hub

should i be using a ps2 mouse and controller for this?

Depending on what issues you are having ..

The Etron will be controlling the "normally" coloured blue ports and general device like mice and keyboards shouldn't be connected to these, leave them for high performance usb3 hardware, which is still rare.

The Intel controller, black/dark grey coloured ports on back, everything else that needs a usb should be in these.

Easiest way is to remove the Eton and delete its driver if asked, then reboot and disable in bios to prevent any possible conflicts, same for any web cameras etc, you want to get back to basics.

Now eveything is down to the driver for the controller built into the motherboard chipset and whatever your plug in.

Update using the latest INF update off Intels website, if all ok with keyboard and mouse, download latest drivers for each usb device including Etron and plug them in one at a time, installing the driver as you go until something fails.

If all ok, reboot, enable Etron is bios and reinstall the driver.

rolandftw

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
alright i'll putting the mouse and keyboard 2.0s first...btw the problem i'm having is that when using the mouse, the cursor sudden;y stops moving but the red light beneath the mouse is still on but the mouse (logitech g400) is not detected in the gaming software

rolandftw

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Problem din go away… so imma try reinstalling the usb driver. So the g400 should be connected to usb 2.0 and not 3.0? And shoule i try uninstalling the controller the mouse is connectedtoo and restart? Is the bios thin neccesary for this?