Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need new Graphics Card!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 17, 2011 12:56:23 PM

I currently have a 6100 Geforce integrated graphics in my desktop. Which apparently is "powerful" enough to run Brink which I tried to play for the first time last night. So can anyone recommend a graphics card that is not too expensive, but not a cheapo either that would upgrade my pc enough to run Brink? Also I think I know, but I am not sure is a graphics card and a video card the same thing when it comes to gaming?

More about : graphics card

November 17, 2011 12:59:02 PM

Graphics card and video card are the same thing, just different wording.

What computer are you trying to upgrade? I'm guessing this is a prebuilt system like a Dell or Hp? Need some more info such as the model number.
Score
November 17, 2011 1:06:58 PM

flaminggerbil said:
Graphics card and video card are the same thing, just different wording.

What computer are you trying to upgrade? I'm guessing this is a prebuild system like a Dell or Hp? Need some more info such as the model number.

My computer is an emachines made by gateway the model number is W3107
AMD Sempron 3100+ processor with 1.8 GHz processor speed 2GB of RAM(DDR1) Integrated sound as well
and a 500GB hard drive, but that's not important
Score
Related resources
November 17, 2011 1:16:58 PM

I'm sorry to say but your computers specs are well below Brinks requirements, it's got a minimum of a c2d 2.4ghz, which your Sempron 3100+ cant really compete with.

Upgrading the GPU alone is unlikely to improve things enough to make it playable.
Score
November 17, 2011 2:01:41 PM

wolfbane43 said:
My computer is an emachines made by gateway the model number is W3107
AMD Sempron 3100+ processor with 1.8 GHz processor speed 2GB of RAM(DDR1) Integrated sound as well
and a 500GB hard drive, but that's not important

Im sorry to say, but despite you saying those specs are not important, they REALLY are. That is a very weak processor you have there, and i doubt many of the graphics cards sold in your local vendors today will be low enough powered to get the full potential out of the card. Because the difference in power between the graphics card and processor is quite large it would create a large bottleneck so effectively you wouldn't get the full potential out of the graphics card. So a lot of attention needs to be paid if you are to choose the right card for your machine. Its also important to list your power supply so we know your machine has enough power pumping through it to run the said graphics card.
Score
November 17, 2011 4:11:15 PM

shiko098 said:
Im sorry to say, but despite you saying those specs are not important, they REALLY are. That is a very weak processor you have there, and i doubt many of the graphics cards sold in your local vendors today will be low enough powered to get the full potential out of the card. Because the difference in power between the graphics card and processor is quite large it would create a large bottleneck so effectively you wouldn't get the full potential out of the graphics card. So a lot of attention needs to be paid if you are to choose the right card for your machine. Its also important to list your power supply so we know your machine has enough power pumping through it to run the said graphics card.

My power supply is an Antec basiq 350 watt
Score
November 17, 2011 5:03:35 PM

When I said they're not important I meant the harddrive size.
Score

Best solution

November 17, 2011 7:19:26 PM

your situation is not hopeless but your better off buying a new computer at this point.that CPu is outdated my far im sorry but i think its time you bought a new computer. if you dont want to spend that much there is little you can do for that system in terms of running brink. you need CPU RAM and video upgrade just to play minimum comfortably.
November 17, 2011 7:20:06 PM

* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
* RAM: 2 GB
* HDD: 8 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c
Score
November 17, 2011 7:30:50 PM

theitaliansico said:
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
* RAM: 2 GB
* HDD: 8 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c

thx I'll go shopping for one this weekend!
Score
November 17, 2011 7:34:53 PM

wolfbane43 said:
thx I'll go shopping for one this weekend!

thos specs i listed below for the minimum requirments arent that epensive. just a suggestion
Score
November 18, 2011 5:11:36 PM

Best answer selected by Wolfbane43.
Score
!