Sign in with
Your question

Best software to stress and test new build ?

Last response: in Systems
January 15, 2012 2:01:06 PM

Hi im building my first ever computer mainly for gaming and general use.

Ive decided on my parts and orderd them and now just waiting for them to be delieverd.

So while ive been waiting ive been reading up making sure I know what im doing, however im still unsure about the best programs/software to stress my build to check temps and stability just wondering whether anyone can help me, with what i should use

January 15, 2012 2:16:19 PM

Prime 95 is great, as is the included burn in software that comes with Intel processors.
January 15, 2012 3:37:16 PM

I use Prime 95 to verify/stress CPU and memory and Furmark to stress GP. Both stress the +12 V Rail on the PSU, furmark more than prime95 depending on GPU.
Related resources
January 15, 2012 3:55:53 PM

RetiredChief said:
I use Prime 95 to verify/stress CPU and memory and Furmark to stress GP. Both stress the +12 V Rail on the PSU, furmark more than prime95 depending on GPU.

Okay cheers :)  and one more question sorry, do these programs moniter temps or do i need a seperate one ? Sorry im new haha
January 15, 2012 4:03:46 PM

EDG3 94 said:
Okay cheers :)  and one more question sorry, do these programs moniter temps or do i need a seperate one ? Sorry im new haha

Speccy is a nice little program to monitor temps, and there are lots of them around.
!