Best software to stress and test new build ?

Hi im building my first ever computer mainly for gaming and general use.

Ive decided on my parts and orderd them and now just waiting for them to be delieverd.

So while ive been waiting ive been reading up making sure I know what im doing, however im still unsure about the best programs/software to stress my build to check temps and stability just wondering whether anyone can help me, with what i should use

6 answers Last reply
More about best software stress test build
  1. Prime 95 is great, as is the included burn in software that comes with Intel processors.
  2. I use Prime 95 to verify/stress CPU and memory and Furmark to stress GP. Both stress the +12 V Rail on the PSU, furmark more than prime95 depending on GPU.
  3. Intel Burn Test
  4. RetiredChief said:
    I use Prime 95 to verify/stress CPU and memory and Furmark to stress GP. Both stress the +12 V Rail on the PSU, furmark more than prime95 depending on GPU.

Okay cheers :) and one more question sorry, do these programs moniter temps or do i need a seperate one ? Sorry im new haha
  5. EDG3 94 said:
    Okay cheers :) and one more question sorry, do these programs moniter temps or do i need a seperate one ? Sorry im new haha

Speccy is a nice little program to monitor temps, and there are lots of them around.
  6. I use CPUID HWMonitor
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    There is also speedfan
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Software New Build Systems