editing from windows picture and fax viewer

XP opens image in picture viewer. You can edit this image with one click on
bottom row icons, but it opens in MS Paint. Can you open in another program
instead ( MS photoed.exe ) for example ? I have a shortcut on the right
mouse menu button, but it would be easier from thie viewer with one click.
2 answers Last reply
More about editing windows picture viewer

    In the following registry link

    Hive: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    Key: SystemFileAssociations\image\Shell\edit\command

    there is mspaint link. Do you just change to program you want instead, i.e.

    "%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1" to
    "%systemroot%\system32\photoed.exe" "%1"

    assuming photoed is in the system32 directory as well.

    Thanks.

    tried the change on jpg image, but type not recognised ( jpg ! ) and program
    not registered ( just copied from disk ). Presume I wil have to install this
    from disk.

Configuration Windows XP