editing from windows picture and fax viewer

September 11, 2004 1:06:10 AM

XP opens image in picture viewer. You can edit this image with one click on
bottom row icons, but it opens in MS Paint. Can you open in another program
instead ( MS photoed.exe ) for example ? I have a shortcut on the right
mouse menu button, but it would be easier from thie viewer with one click.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 1:28:58 AM

In the following registry link

Hive: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
Key: SystemFileAssociations\image\Shell\edit\command

there is mspaint link. Do you just change to program you want instead, i.e.

"%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1" to
"%systemroot%\system32\photoed.exe" "%1"

assuming photoed is in the system32 directory as well.

Thanks.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 1:42:12 AM

tried the change on jpg image, but type not recognised ( jpg ! ) and program
not registered ( just copied from disk ). Presume I wil have to install this
from disk.
!