editing from windows picture and fax viewer

XP opens image in picture viewer. You can edit this image with one click on
bottom row icons, but it opens in MS Paint. Can you open in another program
instead ( MS photoed.exe ) for example ? I have a shortcut on the right
mouse menu button, but it would be easier from thie viewer with one click.

In the following registry link

Hive: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
Key: SystemFileAssociations\image\Shell\edit\command

there is mspaint link. Do you just change to program you want instead, i.e.

"%systemroot%\system32\mspaint.exe" "%1" to
"%systemroot%\system32\photoed.exe" "%1"

assuming photoed is in the system32 directory as well.

Thanks.

tried the change on jpg image, but type not recognised ( jpg ! ) and program
not registered ( just copied from disk ). Presume I wil have to install this
from disk.