Games Like Shadow of Destiny?

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I just picked up a used copy of Shadow of Destiny, and I'm really
enjoying playing a story driven adventure game for a change. I know
there aren't many adventure type games for PSX/PS2, but are there any
other games similar to this one? (I already have the Silent Hill games
and have played the Broken Sword games and Alone in the Dark on
computer.)

"don" <don@no.spam> wrote in message news:42D95511.FA988565@no.spam...
> I just picked up a used copy of Shadow of Destiny, and I'm really
> enjoying playing a story driven adventure game for a change. I know
> there aren't many adventure type games for PSX/PS2, but are there any
> other games similar to this one? (I already have the Silent Hill games
> and have played the Broken Sword games and Alone in the Dark on
> computer.)

You don't play Shadow of Destiny, you watch it. I watched it twice.

There's not much like it, but you might try Haunting Ground, recently out.
It gave me a similar feeling--although you do have to actually play. :)

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Leon Dexter wrote:

> You don't play Shadow of Destiny, you watch it. I watched it twice.

I guess you've never played many computer adventure games then. Many of
them are similar to it. It's all about finding things and figuring out
when and where to use them. Did you automatically know to use the cell
phone on your first trip to the middle ages? I didn't. I do agree that
the cut scenes are too long and a lot like watching a movie, but so were
the ones in FF7 and a lot of other games.

> There's not much like it, but you might try Haunting Ground, recently out.
> It gave me a similar feeling--although you do have to actually play. :)

That sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

"don" <don@no.spam> wrote in message news:42DBD462.F556C243@no.spam...

> > You don't play Shadow of Destiny, you watch it. I watched it twice.
>
> I guess you've never played many computer adventure games then. Many of
> them are similar to it. It's all about finding things and figuring out
> when and where to use them. Did you automatically know to use the cell
> phone on your first trip to the middle ages? I didn't. I do agree that
> the cut scenes are too long and a lot like watching a movie, but so were
> the ones in FF7 and a lot of other games.

I've played plenty of them, I was just joking because in this particular
game, the cutscenes probably equal over 80% of the game time. That's very
unusual. But like I said, I 'watched' it twice, so it wasn't bad, just
strange.

> > There's not much like it, but you might try Haunting Ground, recently
out.
> > It gave me a similar feeling--although you do have to actually play.
:)

> That sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

don, I know someone who is a fan of adventure titles liked Disaster
Report. You may want to look into that.

- Richard Hutnik

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

richardhutnik@hotmail.com wrote:

> don, I know someone who is a fan of adventure titles liked Disaster
> Report. You may want to look into that.

Thanks. It doesn't appear to be an adventure game. The game sites are
calling it a Life Simulation game. Still, it might be worth a look if I
see it for rent somewhere.