Solved

Corsair TX850 v2 enough for SLI 570GTX?

Holiday time is coming around and if the price for another 570gtx drops I might go SLI. I tried reading through the SLI/Crossfire faq but for some reason 570gtx isn't listed on nvidia's website for psu's.

Specs:

CPU:i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
MOBO:EVGA p67 sli micro
RAM:Corsair xms3 4x4GB DDR3 1333mhz (16GB)
GPU:MSI Twinfrozr III GTX570 PE/OC @ factory speeds
PSU:Corsair TX850 v2

Would my PSU be enough for another tfiii gtx570? I know some people on Guru3D were able to run nvidia gtx570's sli with a corsair tx750 but I don't know if they had OC'd processors and the nvidia card probably draws less power.

EDIT:

I also have 1 HDD and 1 optical drive
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair tx850 570gtx
  1. You should be good with a quality 850 watt PSU.

From Guru3d:
    GeForce GTX 570 in 2-way SLI
    A second card requires you to add another ~225 Watts. You need a 750+ Watt power supply unit if you use it in a high-end system (800+ to a KiloWatt is recommended if you plan on any overclocking).
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-sli-review/13
  2. Short answer is yes, it's fine.
  3. fine as in It'll be enough or will there be headroom to OC the gpu's when in SLI?
  4. With overclocking although I would recommend pushing really high voltages on CPU and both GPUs.
  5. If you'll be OCing every nail in your PC it would be more than enough.
  6. Best answer
    xdmds said:
    Holiday time is coming around and if the price for another 570gtx drops I might go SLI. I tried reading through the SLI/Crossfire faq but for some reason 570gtx isn't listed on nvidia's website for psu's.

Specs:

CPU:i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
    MOBO:EVGA p67 sli micro
    RAM:Corsair xms3 4x4GB DDR3 1333mhz (16GB)
    GPU:MSI Twinfrozr III GTX570 PE/OC @ factory speeds
    PSU:Corsair TX850 v2

Would my PSU be enough for another tfiii gtx570? I know some people on Guru3D were able to run nvidia gtx570's sli with a corsair tx750 but I don't know if they had OC'd processors and the nvidia card probably draws less power.

EDIT:

I also have 1 HDD and 1 optical drive

I have asked this question and all of my replies were yes it would so hope that helps. And i do believe the maxixmum power consumption of two 570's is like 500w leaving you 350w for the rest of your system. 95 watss for processor and about 100-200w for everyhting else. you should be fine. check this website
    http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
    on the website above i got about 670w for a system with exaclty your specs with SLI 570's
  7. Best answer selected by xdmds.
  8. 850 watts is enough.,.....but the TX would not be my choice.....

Not with this being every bit as good, if not better, and being $40 cheaper. Check the reviews.

XFX 850 Core Edition
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207011
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Corsair Nvidia Graphics Product