Sign in with
Your question

Newly Built System, No Post.

Last response: in Systems
January 15, 2012 7:04:42 PM

Hello, I'm having some trouble getting my new computer to start up.

These are all new parts I purchased at the end of last month.
[Motherboard]: AsusnM5A99X EVO
[CPU]:amd Phenom II X4 960T
[PSU]: Corsair TX750
[Cooler]: Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO
[Graphics Card]: XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870
[RAM]: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL)
[Case]: Cooler master HAF 922

Everything seems to start running properly
when I power it on, but I get no beeps and no video output. I tried taking the motherboard out and doing a minimal install to troubleshoot, but still no luck. The only clue I have is the CPU LED blinks twice upon startup, then stays
off while the RAM & Power LEDs stay on (solid). Should the CPU LED be solid as well? If it is a cpu problem, could it
be related to how the thermal paste was applied?
January 15, 2012 7:44:54 PM

First and foremost, disconnect and reconnect everything, make sure there are no bent pins on the processor, make sure your ram is seated correctly, your video card is seated correctly and has the proper power cables plugged into it. Once you go through all of these things, start disconnecting things one at a time to see if it will post(you can tell if it posts if you have a case speaker, so you can even remove the video card). If none of these things make any difference, RMA both the mobo and Power supply, or possibly take it to a local computer shop.
January 15, 2012 8:03:33 PM

Well i was gonna say Update the bios but the New ASUS boards im positive with the Standard bios support AM3 already. So i'm all out of ideas at the moment
Related resources
January 15, 2012 8:18:54 PM

Oh man, sorry for the false alarm! Turns out I had not pushed the ram in all the way. xD
Thats why the RAM LED was on. I've been perplexed for hours. I Reinstalled the RAM and what do you know? It came on! xD
January 15, 2012 8:20:35 PM

nyrus6 said:
Oh man, sorry for the false alarm! Turns out I had not pushed the ram in all the way. xD
Thats why the RAM LED was on. I've been perplexed for hours. I Reinstalled the RAM and what do you know? It came on! xD

Glad it worked for you! Enjoy the new system
!