Enable dell internal hard drive on older computer

doveraven7

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
My aunt thinking she knew how to operate a computer, started it in safe mode and then disabled the hard drive. She restarted and and now the computer says no hard drive can be found. How do i fix this?

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

You must go into the Bios and reset the hard drive. Also check and see which drive boots first. Normally on Dell computers they have it setup for the CD to boot first, Then the floppy (if you have one) then the Harddrive. I strongly suggest that you rest these values to where the hard drive boots first, the the CD. Why? Because dell computers will boot faster this way. However there is one drawback to this. If your system crashes and you have to reinstall the op system, you may forget that you rest the CD to boot second and when you try to reinstall, the CD will not be able to be read so you will then have to go back in and reset it so that the CD boots first. I don't know what op system you are using but if you have another hard drive I suggest that you put you op system on it and get it activated and put everything you have on the original hard drive then pull it out and put the original one back in. That way should your system crash all you ahve to do is put the other Hard drive in and you are up and running again in less than 20 Minutes. Because it is really frustrating when your system crashes and you have to sit there and wait and wait for the updates to download and get install. I have had ny system to crash and have lost pictures and everything else and had to start all over, Usually you never get everything back like you had it. I am running XP-Pro on mine and love it. I have a primary 500 gig HD and a secondary 320 HD plus I have an 80 Gig that has everything on it that is running on my computer now. It sit in my desk drawer ready to be installed if my system crashes. so please consider this. It is better to beware than unprepared

TRENDING THREADS